Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Student Grant*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I've not been told anything yet...will I get a double payment for November then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 phillymh

Yeah put my details in on Monday, received first payment of the Full maintenance Non Adjacent today. Will do!

I'm gutted, only seen your post now and I didnt enter my details, another month without a penny!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 chocice94

Yeah put my details in on Monday, received first payment of the Full maintenance Non Adjacent today. Will do!

Did you really get your first payment? I put my details in last week and still haven't gotten mine ! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

chocice94 wrote: »
    Did you really get your first payment? I put my details in last week and still haven't gotten mine ! :/

Wait guys, what do ye mean by 'put your details in'? I got asked for my course acceptance letter about a month ago now, sent it off and all, haven't heard anything back. When I logged into my SUSI thing online all my details had disappeared, so if I enter all my details on my online thing will I get the first payment?

Please let it be true

• Registered Users Posts: 27 chocice94

Wait guys, what do ye mean by 'put your details in'? I got asked for my course acceptance letter about a month ago now, sent it off and all, haven't heard anything back. When I logged into my SUSI thing online all my details had disappeared, so if I enter all my details on my online thing will I get the first payment?

Please let it be true

By details i mean bank account details that we got asked for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Apparently you can be refused the grant if you enter your bank details before you're asked to, so don't do it!

I sent off my course acceptance form about 3 weeks ago, got a letter on Tuesday saying that I'm eligible for the full maintenance grant and asking me to submit my bank details on the website. I did that and got an email on Friday saying the first instalment would be paid in to my account on Saturday. Checked my balance yesterday and it had been paid in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭grantyrs10

leaveiton wrote: »
    Apparently you can be refused the grant if you enter your bank details before you're asked to, so don't do it!

I sent off my course acceptance form about 3 weeks ago, got a letter on Tuesday saying that I'm eligible for the full maintenance grant and asking me to submit my bank details on the website. I did that and got an email on Friday saying the first instalment would be paid in to my account on Saturday. Checked my balance yesterday and it had been paid in :)

Was your payment backdated? Did u receive the payments missed for september etc? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

If you drop out of a course and start a different course the next year, can you get a grant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

finality wrote: »
    If you drop out of a course and start a different course the next year, can you get a grant?

Yes, but they are certain deadlines you must meet in order to get the grant next year and not have to pay any fees. Contact your college immediately to find out when, because AFAIK it could be the end of October.

grantyrs10 wrote: »
    Was your payment backdated? Did u receive the payments missed for september etc? :)

No I just got one payment of 135. I don't think it's being backdated, I think October is actually just the first payment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭grantyrs10

No I just got one payment of 135. I don't think it's being backdated, I think October is actually just the first payment.
    Are you serious ? How can that be.. Had a whole month of college with no grant.. Thats sum joke ..but you should get paid 9 installments altogether ie september to may

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

grantyrs10 wrote: »
    Are you serious ? How can that be.. Had a whole month of college with no grant.. Thats sum joke ..but you should get paid 9 installments altogether ie september to may
    I think you get paid October to June. You get the money in June for the money you didn't get in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Astrozombies

Are you serious, where'd you hear that it can be refused??? I sent my course acceptance form off 3 weeks ago when hey asked for it, heard nothing back from them.. I knew I should get a letter stating the amount im entitled to and to enter my details but I just went online there and entered them no problem?
    They said you need a specific code and that code will be on your final grant approval letter, but it was also on my account online? it was a W121XXXXXXX code or something like that so I entered it no bother and they emailed me saying theyve received my bank details etc.

Maybe I did get an acceptance letter but.. it was sent to the wrong house?? why else would that code be on my account??? D: really worried!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Does anybody know the address to send documentation to?
    They said they included an envelope with my pack but they didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Yes, but they are certain deadlines you must meet in order to get the grant next year and not have to pay any fees. Contact your college immediately to find out when, because AFAIK it could be the end of October.

It was the 14th of October I think, if I drop out before 31st January I'd have to pay half fees next year.

Are you serious, where'd you hear that it can be refused??? I sent my course acceptance form off 3 weeks ago when hey asked for it, heard nothing back from them.. I knew I should get a letter stating the amount im entitled to and to enter my details but I just went online there and entered them no problem?
    They said you need a specific code and that code will be on your final grant approval letter, but it was also on my account online? it was a W121XXXXXXX code or something like that so I entered it no bother and they emailed me saying theyve received my bank details etc.

Maybe I did get an acceptance letter but.. it was sent to the wrong house?? why else would that code be on my account??? D: really worried!

I read something about it in a thread on the Student Finances forum I think, but I don't know the exact details. I'm also pretty sure that something popped up when I went to enter my details about waiting until you received the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

Hey, my daughter got a letter today asking her to send in a copy of the leaving cert results (to prove residency, even though we'd sent in junior cert .. ) and also the course acceptance letter. They mentioned sending it in the enclosed envelope but there was none : ( If anyone has this, could they check what it says on the envelope, and post here please? Just in case it's to a specific area of SUSI. Thanks !

I put in my bank details at around 2pm today, hopefully i'll have something in my account tomorrow! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

I put in my bank details at around 2pm today, hopefully i'll have something in my account tomorrow! :)

I put mine in Wednesday and nothing yet so I'd say we're stuck for a few days

Avox wrote: »
    I put mine in Wednesday and nothing yet so I'd say we're stuck for a few days

Awh man, really? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

phillymh wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on a phonecall, can I ask did you give them your bank account details? I'm unsure if I should yet or wait until someone rings me. Can you let me know when they get back to you

Got an email today saying that I had been wrongly awarded and that the shortfall will be made up in the next payment.
    I have checked your application and you are correct ,you should have been awarded the special rate of grant . I have now amended your application and you will receive the shortfall in your next payment . Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Not sure if this is a result of the women on the phone, or the email I sent to Payments@susi.ie

Happy Days anyways!

Got an email today saying that I had been wrongly awarded and that the shortfall will be made up in the next payment.

Not sure if this is a result of the women on the phone, or the email I sent to Payments@susi.ie

Happy Days anyways!

Delighted they've fixed their mistake for you!
    I'm still awaiting a phone call or an e-mail from them, getting very pi#sed off now with the situation, I still havnt received a penny either.

EDIT: rang again there and they've "reconised the problem and are looking into it", they should be issuing me with a revised letter within the coming days. No further on though if I am in fact awarded the special rate or not, its a very clear cut case in my instance I'm well below the limits, really shouldn't even be a question of being awarded the special rate or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Gerard93

I'm still awaiting a phone call or an e-mail from them, getting very pi#sed off now with the situation, I still havnt received a penny either.

Same here, my son's application I phoned SUSI helpdesk last week to check was there any update, they said no update since my last call 3/10/12, don't even know will he or will he not get it at this stage, applied as soon as the applications came online.

Sent the Course Acceptance form about a month ago

SUSI made such a weird mistake with mine. This will take a while to understand but stick with me:

I'm studying Psychology in NUI Maynooth and I am entitled to the 100% maintenance grant non-adjacent (i'm over the limit for the Special rate of the grant so could not receive that).

I received my letter on the 9th of October stating I was studying: Electronic Engineering in UCC and the figures shown on the letter showed I was awarded the non-adjacent Special rate of the grant.

Firstly, I don't understand how they came to the conclusion that I was studying Engineering in UCC, as I submitted my final course acceptance as MH106 Psychology in NUI Maynooth.

Secondly, they had awarded me the 'special rate' of the grant which I knew myself I wasn't entitled to, as my income is over the limit to receive the special rate.

Thirdly, they had awarded me the 'adjacent' grant. To receive the djacent grant you must live within a 45km radius from the college you are attending. From my home to NUIM is an approximate distance of 97.1km, over double the distance from 45km and thus I should have been awarded the 'non-adjacent' grant..

I contacted SUSI through email approximately 12 times over the course of 2 weeks and never received a reply. I contacted them through the phone twice and was left on hold for over 35 minutes each time and consequently lost patience and hung up.

Yesterday I contacted them again and after being left on hold for 27 minutes a girl answered and told me she would write a letter for their supervisor to read and sort out the issues. She then proceeded to tell me to input my bank details regardless of the amount shown on the letter and that they would reimburse me the difference and that there would be a payment made into my account in the early morning today.

Just checked my Bank Balance coming from college in the ATM and it still remains at a pitiful €4.16 :pac:

SUSI is just a terrible system and should have never been implemented. Nearly everyone I know has received a letter which has awarded them a grant and they are entitled to a higher one from the Income levels supplied on the studentfinance website.

They're actually pitiful. It's awful. I shudder to think i'll have to go through the same process with them for the next 2 years. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

Like everyone else still waiting on the grant and the date for the fees to be paid is moving ever so closer....I was just wondering though how many months are the payments spread across and if you wont get your payment till next month will they just give you the first two together or will they split the money differently so you get more every month? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 liaobrien

When I try to enter my bank details it says my information is invalid just at the stage when I enter my Application Number, PPS number and DOB. Is anyone else getting this? I'm so frustrated!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 leixlipgirl

hi i am getting you application has not been submitted even thught i have a letter confirming full grant and telling me to please enter bank details on line rang them and they said it is an ongoing technical error anyone else not able to enter their bank details?

hi i am getting you application has not been submitted even thught i have a letter confirming full grant and telling me to please enter bank details on line rang them and they said it is an ongoing technical error anyone else not able to enter their bank details?

I've been able to enter my bank details no problem but think i'm going to have to go through the appeals route because they stated the wrong amount of my letter. Jesus christ like.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭AlexDublin

maybe try using internet explorer as your broswer? just a long shot but when i was doing my application that was the only browser that worked for me.

• Advertisement

Not sure if this is a result of the women on the phone, or the email I sent to [EMAIL="Payments@susi.ie"]Payments@susi.ie[/EMAIL]

Happy Days anyways!

Okay so ive finally came to the end of dealing with SUSI, thank god!
    Ive basically got the special rate & first payment today! (result)
    Unlike you they never rang or emailed me to say they've fixed my problem, I checked my bank account and I received the first payment of €657.22 for the special rate.
    I rang susi to see was this awarded from the full maintenance or the special rate, after talking to a supervisor she could tell me it was from the special rate & that management had approved my appeal a few days before hand..
    Also my fees are being paid on top of the €5900..
    It came a month earlier than I received my grant from cavan vec last year, so susi are indeed quicker than the old system, all be it with more headaches along the way,
    I'm happy once ive received my first payment!
    Best of luck to all the rest who are still in the process!

Advertisement