Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Student Grant*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭AlexDublin

congrats phillymh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Nothing yet! :P Just wondering philly when did you input your bank details? I put mine in Monday and have heard nothing yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Anyone else not get a letter yet about entering bank details and what not?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Carrick_10

Hey i got letter from susi the other day saying they had recieved my final course and college acceptance form and what award they were giving me, anyway i just entered in my bank details there and wondering how long does it take before they send the money into my account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

I only posted my final course acceptance form last week :eek: So I can definitely expect at least a month before they get back to me.

It's such a ridiculous system. This system is suppose to be an overhaul of the previous one. If anything, this new system is performing worse! There was an article in the paper saying that only 6% have been approved so far. 6% when we are halfway through semester one of college? Disgraceful!

/rant

• Advertisement

Carrick_10 wrote: »
    Hey i got letter from susi the other day saying they had recieved my final course and college acceptance form and what award they were giving me, anyway i just entered in my bank details there and wondering how long does it take before they send the money into my account?

1-2 weeks probably. I put mine in Monday morning and nothing so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

phillymh wrote: »
    Okay so ive finally came to the end of dealing with SUSI, thank god!
    Ive basically got the special rate & first payment today! (result)
    Unlike you they never rang or emailed me to say they've fixed my problem, I checked my bank account and I received the first payment of €657.22 for the special rate.
    I rang susi to see was this awarded from the full maintenance or the special rate, after talking to a supervisor she could tell me it was from the special rate & that management had approved my appeal a few days before hand..
    Also my fees are being paid on top of the €5900..
    It came a month earlier than I received my grant from cavan vec last year, so susi are indeed quicker than the old system, all be it with more headaches along the way,
    I'm happy once ive received my first payment!
    Best of luck to all the rest who are still in the process!

Wonder did they give me the difference without telling me? May check the balance on Monday!

Boeing777 wrote: »
    I only posted my final course acceptance form last week :eek: So I can definitely expect at least a month before they get back to me.

It's such a ridiculous system. This system is suppose to be an overhaul of the previous one. If anything, this new system is performing worse! There was an article in the paper saying that only 6% have been approved so far. 6% when we are halfway through semester one of college? Disgraceful!

/rant

This is also very true. :rolleyes:

Susi=better system? Does.Not.Compute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

This is probably a stupid question but do you have to apply for it every year or will I get it four the whole 4 years now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

This is probably a stupid question but do you have to apply for it every year or will I get it four the whole 4 years now?

Every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Baftycrastard

Just received a letter with instructions to provide documentation that had been left out in the "enclosed envelope", problem is there is no envelope, anyone know what the story is?

Just received a letter with instructions to provide documentation that had been left out in the "enclosed envelope", problem is there is no envelope, anyone know what the story is?

I was the same, just a few days ago. There's an address to write to on the form.
    SUSI
    PO Box xxxxx
    D4.

Eathrin wrote: »

Every year.

Ah jaysus.

Ah jaysus.

I'm hoping they make the repeat application process easier!

I'm hoping they make the repeat application process easier!

Yeah I hope so! Can't imagine it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Baftycrastard

I was the same, just a few days ago. There's an address to write to on the form.
    SUSI
    PO Box xxxxx
    D4.

So I just get an empty envelope and put the address "SUSI
    PO Box xxxxx
    D4"

sorry Im kind of slow so just making sure.

So I just get an empty envelope and put the address "SUSI
    PO Box xxxxx
    D4"

sorry Im kind of slow so just making sure.

No no no, it's not actually xxxxx!

Okay, I found the address.

It's Student Universal Support Ireland
    P.O. Box 12210,
    Ballsbridge,
    Dublin 4.

Sorry I didn't have the document on me earlier :D

Yes, just write it on an envelope and stamp it to make sure it gets there.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Right i am at the end of my tether here... I applied on the very day the applications opened way back in June... I submitted EVERYTHING i was asked for on time and correctly... my application is now in the final state of "Post Received" for the past 2 months!.. i done EVERYTHING on my part and then some.. my application isn't any different than the next person its quite a standard application, my sister is in the EXACT same situation as me, and she got her grant nearly 3 weeks ago!.. i am not sure what to do anymore, i simply cannot afford to go to college anymore at this stage - I am NOT impressed with this so called "new" system... every time i ring the help desk, i get the same unhelpful response nothing more.

I haven't been given the grant yet either, that said I only applied late August.

Haven't gotten it yet either. Tbh it's not even bothering me anymore at this stage. I'm half expecting them to turn around and say I'm not eligible even though I clearly am :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I applied in late June, got a phonecall yesterday saying I needed to send in a copy of my leaving cert results as I hadn't included them with the original documents, well obviously I hadn't even gotten them. Asked when exactly I'd be awarded my grant as well surviving would be nice and was told IF I'm awarded a grant it could be another month or so. Like seriously, I know what I should be given as my brother is being given one and I don't understand why they're looking for leaving cert results :mad:

Quick question:
    If we get approved for the grant now, do we get back-dated payments for the payments that we missed? That would be handy :L

• Registered Users Posts: 27 chocice94

Quick question:
    If we get approved for the grant now, do we get back-dated payments for the payments that we missed? That would be handy :L

Yeah you do, apparently payments are starting from OCTOBER and are ending in JUNE, not the SEPTEMBER to MAY that everyone might presume.

So if you get a payment this month you will get one for october as well i presume

p.s. i know this because i called them and asked.

My Application status is blank still.. And I think I have to appeal my grant awarded.. Actual FML.. I'm seriously sick of dealing with SUSI.. I'm actually going to just start selling my body to fund myself in college, not worth the agro.. :rolleyes:

chocice94 wrote: »
    Yeah you do, apparently payments are starting from OCTOBER and are ending in JUNE, not the SEPTEMBER to MAY that everyone might presume.

So if you get a payment this month you will get one for october as well i presume

p.s. i know this because i called them and asked.

Ah cool thanks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

My son finally got the letter awarding his grant today and has to enter his bank details. Roughly how long after bank details go in does the money hit his account coz he has to pay his rent again next week.

Witchie wrote: »
    My son finally got the letter awarding his grant today and has to enter his bank details. Roughly how long after bank details go in does the money hit his account coz he has to pay his rent again next week.

I put mine in exactly 2 weeks ago today and have heard nothing so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 anastasia2

I put mine in exactly 2 weeks ago today and have heard nothing so far.

Same as u , details were put in on 16th n no reply or money in account.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishbarb

How long after you all submitted all the documentation they wanted into them did you hear anything back? I submitted mine a few weeks back and haven't heard anything at all. When I log into my account on their website, my application status is just blank, always has been.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

do you need to have attended a certain percentage of your lectures to receive the grant or is that just a rumor?

Advertisement