Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Student Grant*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

do you need to have attended a certain percentage of your lectures to receive the grant or is that just a rumor?

Well if some of your lectures take attendance at the start of class then by not attending you're putting your self at risk if they did check it up, but otherwise there's no way they could find out if you're attending or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

iiHyPeRize wrote: »
    Well if some of your lectures take attendance at the start of class then by not attending you're putting your self at risk if they did check it up, but otherwise there's no way they could find out if you're attending or not.

But do they tend to check it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

But do they tend to check it?

I highly doubt they could check everyone. But still, you wouldn't wanna be the one that gets stung for it :P

I highly doubt they could check everyone. But still, you wouldn't wanna be the one that gets stung for it :P

Thats for sure :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭grantyrs10

Thats for sure :P
    Dont be ridiculous.. No way would they analyse attendance . . Susi cannot even give the grants on time nevermind do anything else

• Advertisement

grantyrs10 wrote: »
    Dont be ridiculous.. No way would they analyse attendance . . Susi cannot even give the grants on time nevermind do anything else

Okay, I dont know thats why im asking haha!

I just heard from a lad that a few years back one of his friends didnt get the grant because he had less than 70% attendance I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

Okay, I dont know thats why im asking haha!

I just heard from a lad that a few years back one of his friends didnt get the grant because he had less than 70% attendance I think!

About 15 people in my course under he old VEC/CC system had their grant stopped for a month due to attendance 2 year ago. The grant office in the college took care of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

If this grant doesn't come soon, I and a lot of people are screwed!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

Nicole. wrote: »
    If this grant doesn't come soon, I and a lot of people are screwed!:(

It should be soon. I just got my letter today

Reventon93 wrote: »
    It should be soon. I just got my letter today

When did you send your final course acceptance form back? I send it in on
    28-09-2012.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

Nicole. wrote: »
    When did you send your final course acceptance form back? I send it in on
    28-09-2012.

I think it was about the same time, maybe a week later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

grantyrs10 wrote: »

I would like to advise applicants that awards are dependent on and applicants continuing attendance in the approved course and Institution of which the grant was awarded. Failure to attend may result in payments being withheld or withdrawn as per the Statutory Instruments of the Student Grant Scheme 2012 as outlined by the Department of Education and Skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I would like to advise applicants that awards are dependent on and applicants continuing attendance in the approved course and Institution of which the grant was awarded. Failure to attend may result in payments being withheld or withdrawn as per the Statutory Instruments of the Student Grant Scheme 2012 as outlined by the Department of Education and Skills.

So, susi Robbie, what's the hold up with the grants?

So, I've got as far as the "awaiting review" stage now according to the person from SUSI I was talking to today. Anyone who has their grant know how long their application was "awaiting review"?

It's beginning to sound a little bit messed up because I called the SUSI helpdesk twice today just to see what they'd say. One told me that my application was in the awaiting review stage since today, the other told me that my documents had been recieved on the 15-10-2012, unless I'm missing something doesn't that contradict itself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I am at my wits end waiting for this, I know exactly how much I should be getting (sibling already receiving payment) I think the whole centralizing everything to Dublin was a ridiculous idea, dealing with the councils seemed more efficient seeing as there wouldn't be such a huge backlog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

So, I've been asked to send in a document I already sent 2 months ago. Then, when we rang up and told them they already have the document we were told to send in what we had just said on the phone in written form. We asked how long roughly should we be waiting to hear back and they said definitely 3/4 weeks longer.

I just can't deal with this anymore! Such a shambolic system!

Boeing777 wrote: »
    So, I've been asked to send in a document I already sent 2 months ago. Then, when we rang up and told them they already have the document we were told to send in what we had just said on the phone in written form. We asked how long roughly should we be waiting to hear back and they said definitely 3/4 weeks longer.

I just can't deal with this anymore! Such a shambolic system!

Exact same as this for me too..

BULLSH*IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Rynox45

Sorry to raise the ire of seemingly everyone else in this thread :o
    But I finally received my grant confirmation/acceptance letter the other day, however it says I was awarded full maintenance and 100% fees non adjacent, then says the amount for the special rate.

Does anyone know if this is standard fare or if maybe there was just a bit of a mess in my case? Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Rynox45 wrote: »
    Sorry to raise the ire of seemingly everyone else in this thread :o
    But I finally received my grant confirmation/acceptance letter the other day, however it says I was awarded full maintenance and 100% fees non adjacent, then says the amount for the special rate.

Does anyone know if this is standard fare or if maybe there was just a bit of a mess in my case? Thanks :)

Something similar happened to me.. I had to ring them and get them to write a letter to their head to verify what I actually would be getting. Got a new letter verifying the amount I would be getting, called to see when I would have the money was told last week, nothing so far.. :L they're actually beyond bothering with at this stage.. It's not even funny:L

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishbarb

I realised I'm a dumb ass and sent in all real documentation instead of photocopies....oops. I also sent it in about a month ago and haven't heard anything since, is that normal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭AlexDublin

A lack of communication from SUSI is normal, yes. It might be a good idea to call them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

My daughter sent in her leaving cert results and course acceptance form at the end of October.. Anyone else heard back from around then or about how long is it taking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

I applied in July and they only asked for an acceptance form about three weeks ago. I did have to go through an appeal system as a result of a mistake THEY made... :rolleyes: But be prepared to wait, the quickest they have responded to through out this whole process was about 3 weeks.

Still waiting to hear something back at the moment.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Does anyone know what happens re the grant if you change course?

dubdub123 wrote: »
    My daughter sent in her leaving cert results and course acceptance form at the end of October.. Anyone else heard back from around then or about how long is it taking?

Hi, I sent back my course acceptance form near the end of September and it's now 13/11/2012 and I've been told that my application is "pending review" and should be done by 27/11/2012 after I got Charlie McConalogue to check up with them.

*BUMP*: Anyone heard anything from SUSI in a while? I received my letter saying I was eligible on the 9th of October, inputted my bank details on the 10th of October, rang SUSI 3 weeks ago, they told me the money would be in my account within a week, 3 weeks later i've still gotten no money/correspondence from them.. It's actually gone beyond a joke now, i'm half anticipating for them to tell me i'm not getting anything after waiting this long :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

*BUMP*: Anyone heard anything from SUSI in a while? I received my letter saying I was eligible on the 9th of October, inputted my bank details on the 10th of October, rang SUSI 3 weeks ago, they told me the money would be in my account within a week, 3 weeks later i've still gotten no money/correspondence from them.. It's actually gone beyond a joke now, i'm half anticipating for them to tell me i'm not getting anything after waiting this long :rolleyes:.

Rang Today actually ! :) - apparently they are paying everyone on the same date this month, in order to sync everyone's payments going forward, that date being the last Friday of every month for the rest of the term, this month it's the 30th which is next Friday, so expect payment then :)

Rang Today actually ! :) - apparently they are paying everyone on the same date this month, in order to sync everyone's payments going forward, that date being the last Friday of every month for the rest of the term, this month it's the 30th which is next Friday, so expect payment then :)

Cool, thanks a lot! :').. So we'll be receiving payments for October & November on the 30th? That's brilliant, thanks man! :')

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

My son got his first payment last Friday so will he get Novembers next week? He is worrying about paying me back for the loan I got to pay his rent this month coz if he pays me back and doesnt get Novembers then he is screwed again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

How long were people waiting between sending in the course acceptance letter and the next step, and is that to login and enter bank details? We haven't received final confirmation that my daughter is getting the grant and how much, just the earlier letter to say she should get it. It's now clocking onto December now and getting really concerned.

Advertisement