Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Student Grant*

1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

dubdub123 wrote: »
    How long were people waiting between sending in the course acceptance letter and the next step, and is that to login and enter bank details? We haven't received final confirmation that my daughter is getting the grant and how much, just the earlier letter to say she should get it. It's now clocking onto December now and getting really concerned.

I sent my final course acceptance in on the 12th of September.. So over 2 months ago? And then you enter bank details yep, I entered my bank details there 5 weeks ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I was told not to enter my bank details yet? How will I get the money? :L
    Fúck susi.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I wonder is there a further delay depending on which county is the actual awarding body?
    My friend's son was asked for his bank details the end of October and had some money in his account just over a week later - Dublin City Council.

spurious wrote: »
    I wonder is there a further delay depending on which county is the actual awarding body?
    My friend's son was asked for his bank details the end of October and had some money in his account just over a week later - Dublin City Council.

There could be easily spurious, Longford County Council aren't known for their work ethic if i'm to be honest. I submitted my bank details on the 10th of October (6 weeks today actually and nothing yet! )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

Still waiting to hear back myself, I got a text about 2 weeks ago saying 'thanks for submitting your forms'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Cool, thanks a lot! :').. So we'll be receiving payments for October & November on the 30th? That's brilliant, thanks man! :')

As far as i know, if you are being back-dated, you should have already got Octobers payment, and then next week you will receive Novembers as normal.

-R

As far as i know, if you are being back-dated, you should have already got Octobers payment, and then next week you will receive Novembers as normal.

-R

I definitely haven't gotten Octobers anyway :/ I got no email confirmation that it was being put in my account or anything? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

I entered my bank details on the 14th of this month and got a email yesterday saying an amount for 528.78 will be put into my bank today I assume this is back payed. This system is useless though i know people still waiting who sent of all stuff and course acceptance forms months ago,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭grantyrs10

Got a letter saying I ommited all my documentation even though I provided everything months ago in july.. Its disgraceful nd so unfair

I definitely haven't gotten Octobers anyway :/ I got no email confirmation that it was being put in my account or anything? :eek:

That's a strange one, i know there useless, but give'em a call, im sure they might be able to tell you something about it.

I got my Octobers payment a week ago, and there yesterday i got my November one (thankfully!) - at both times, i got the email just before it was lodged to my account. :eek:

-R

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

That's a strange one, i know there useless, but give'em a call, im sure they might be able to tell you something about it.

I got my Octobers payment a week ago, and there yesterday i got my November one (thankfully!) - at both times, i got the email just before it was lodged to my account. :eek:

-R

Same for me

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishbarb

Finally got the letter telling me how and to enter my bank details, really hope I'm not waiting long for the money to come in.

irishbarb wrote: »
    Finally got the letter telling me how and to enter my bank details, really hope I'm not waiting long for the money to come in.

Was about 10 days for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,084 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

spurious wrote: »

There is only one awarding body now for all students who started courses in 2012 - SUSI.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

it's about a month now since my daughter sent in the course acceptance letter and copy of leaving cert results.. Nothing back yet. I'm going to email them again and see if they can give me some update. It's disgraceful. My daughter told me a friend of hers may have to drop out as the girl has no money to buy food and no idea when the grant is coming in. Absolutely disgraceful. I cannot imagine any other sector being treated like this and there being so little media coverage.. I am really surprised that the students unions or the colleges themselves do no appear to be mobilizing on this more. Surely to god if fees are not being paid, there will be a bottle neck at some point down the line regarding facilities in the colleges ?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishbarb

dubdub123 wrote: »
    it's about a month now since my daughter sent in the course acceptance letter and copy of leaving cert results.. Nothing back yet. I'm going to email them again and see if they can give me some update. It's disgraceful. My daughter told me a friend of hers may have to drop out as the girl has no money to buy food and no idea when the grant is coming in. Absolutely disgraceful. I cannot imagine any other sector being treated like this and there being so little media coverage.. I am really surprised that the students unions or the colleges themselves do no appear to be mobilizing on this more. Surely to god if fees are not being paid, there will be a bottle neck at some point down the line regarding facilities in the colleges ?

A month isn't a very long time in comparison to how long some people have been waiting.

I got my letter telling me how much I was getting last Friday, and just got an email from them telling me I'll have the money tomorrow, happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Carrick_10

Hey does anyone know if they pay in your grant money the same date every month? I got mine on the 2nd November and just wondering will it be in tomorro the 2nd of december? I need it to pay for my rent on monday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

My daughter just entered her bank details today : ) Anyone know when she'll expect the grant to come in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Just got my letter this morning confirming the amount I'll receive and asking me to enter my details online...did that as soon as I read it...so how long should I have to wait until it comes through? Not that I'm in any hurry to receive it just yet but still it's way overdue...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Just got my letter this morning confirming the amount I'll receive and asking me to enter my details online...did that as soon as I read it...so how long should I have to wait until it comes through? Not that I'm in any hurry to receive it just yet but still it's way overdue...

Em, the next official payment date I believe is the 25th of January, but since you're owed October, November and December you'll receive back payment at some stage before that. Payments take place on a Friday always so my guess is you'll receive Octobers payment on the 4th of January, Novembers payment on the 12th of January and Decembers payment on the 19th of January allowing Januarys payment to come at the right time the 25th, maybe I'm completely wrong but that's something similar that happened to me in December

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

iiHyPeRize wrote: »
    Em, the next official payment date I believe is the 25th of January, but since you're owed October, November and December you'll receive back payment at some stage before that. Payments take place on a Friday always so my guess is you'll receive Octobers payment on the 4th of January, Novembers payment on the 12th of January and Decembers payment on the 19th of January allowing Januarys payment to come at the right time the 25th, maybe I'm completely wrong but that's something similar that happened to me in December

Cool, thanks for the detailed reply! Appreciate it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

iiHyPeRize wrote: »

I got a letter the monday after new years, so the 7th?
    (Over 6 months after my initial application but delighted either way! :D)

Filled out the online form straight away! Fingers crossed it goes through the 19th, cos I'm frigen skint this month! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Me212

if i get a final course acceptance form does that mean i got the grant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

May be a stupid question but how do you qualify for a grant? As in what's the income level thing etc?

I tried looking on the website but don't understand it fully... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Jade. wrote: »
    May be a stupid question but how do you qualify for a grant? As in what's the income level thing etc?

I tried looking on the website but don't understand it fully... :P

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/third_level_education/fees_and_supports_for_third_level_education/maintenance_grant_schemes_for_students_on_third_level_courses.html

It's different for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I can't be the only one who applied really early in the application process and STILL hasn't gotten the grant??

Rang SUSI. They're looking for more documents from me. More documents that I've already sent off!! They said they rang me on the 21st of December and had a conversation with me about it. No call took place and no such conversation happened. They actually have to be taking the piss at this stage don't they???

I'm seriously considering contacting a solicitor and suing their asses ta fuck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 scanbox

Anyone know is there a certain amount of days that you're allowed miss while getting your grant? Entered my details online around Christmas and still haven't received any money. Beginning to think its because I missed a **** load of days so far!

• Advertisement
Advertisement