Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Student Grant*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

INFODAD wrote: »
    just to let everyone know. i needed to get the social welfare form filled out for this process. i needed the FIS people to do this in the dept of social protection longford. SUSI said it had to be their OFFICIAL form to be filled out by the dept,but the dept said they only issue THEIR OWN OFFICIAL form with all the same details but in a different format. i informed SUSI of this problem and they said if i send the dept of social protections form with a cover letter explaining the situation it will sufice. just thought id pass on the info.

Applied for a Social welfare statement on the Revenues website & never heard anything back. Got the HSE to send out their version of the social welfare Statement as I could not print off the SUSI one.

It'll suffice, I wouldn't get too worried over little things like that. All they want is the correct information and for it to be stamped by a authorizing source.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 simon1994

Does anyone have the P.O. box address to SUSI, i sent my documents off but they were undelivered, now lost.. I need to resend them, could someone help? sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

P.O Bosca 12210
    Dublin 4

• Registered Users Posts: 4 simon1994

Thanks so much ConTheCat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Harblarblar

Sent my application on June 19th and still haven't heard back:/ anyone else in this situation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Sent my application on June 19th and still haven't heard back:/ anyone else in this situation?
    This is usually the case almost every year, depending on the county. It took my about 2 months to hear back last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Harblarblar

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    This is usually the case almost every year, depending on the county. It took my about 2 months to hear back last year.
    Oh no you serious..i live in Donegal, that's probably why!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Oh no you serious..i live in Donegal, that's probably why!

My guesses are you'll get it next week. You applied about a week after me and I got my letter 2 weeks ago. Although there was very little to deal with in my application :L it may take longer if your situation is complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

I finished my application on the 18th of July and got this email from them the same day:
    Thank you for submitting your Student Grant Application to the SUSI (a unit of City of Dublin Vocational Education Committee).
    Attached to this e-mail you will find the following:

1) A soft copy of your application form (for your information only).

The SUSI assessment team will contact you by post after they have completed the initial assessment of your application. Following this initial assessment you may be asked to submit photocopies of documentary evidence to support your application.

NOTE: Do not send any documentation unless requested to do so by SUSI.

SUSI support desk can be contacted at 0761 08 7874 or support@susi.cdvec.ie.

Thank you

SUSI Support Team

I still haven't been sent anything by post.
    How long does this stuff usually take?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AK123

I got the same email! I applied on the 9th of July and have heard nothing back yet!
    Although reading these posts its reassuring me that I'm not the only one!

What I'm going to do is get the information I need i.e. p60's p21 etc so then I won't have to wait to get them all at once!
    Hopefully it'll be here soon !! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

For the question 'Have you applied for or will you be getting any other financial assistance...', does that include the HEAR scheme? Sorry if it's a stupid question xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

For the question 'Have you applied for or will you be getting any other financial assistance...', does that include the HEAR scheme? Sorry if it's a stupid question xD

This has been answered so many times already...

Just say that you got the HEAR Scheme, there's barely any financial assistance in it but still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Starting to panic .. I'm so late getting mine together.
    But I can't finish my online app. untill the accountant sorts some stuff out!
    EEK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

biohaiid wrote: »
    Starting to panic .. I'm so late getting mine together.
    But I can't finish my online app. untill the accountant sorts some stuff out!
    EEK!
    There's no need to panic, I know quite a few people who sent out their application forms more than 1 month later after the closing date. And they still got their student grants.

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    There's no need to panic, I know quite a few people who sent out their application forms more than 1 month later after the closing date. And they still got their student grants.
    Okay .. that's kinda reassuring. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BlueSherbert

Hey guys you know the social welfare form thing? And it says my susi application number and all that? And you know how we had to set up that profile on susi? how do I get back to that? I was an idiot and didnt write it down then and there and cant seem to get back to that info. please send a link or something to the log in!! agghhhh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

An0n wrote: »
    I finished my application on the 18th of July and got this email from them the same day:

I still haven't been sent anything by post.
    How long does this stuff usually take?

I think I got everything back by post over a month after I sent them off when I was applying last year. About a month and a half. It depends how busy they are and whether you're missing documents or there's something complicated about your situation.

Personally I don't know about SUSI (apparently re-applying goes through the old scheme, or Fingal just like the old way) but I'd say it's the same sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I got accepted for HEAR but I still left that option blank because I or nobody knows for sure how much financial assistance we'll be getting. If the grant crowd find out and ask me about it I'm just gonna say that I don't know how much I'll receive for sure plus considering it's definitely going to be less than €800 it shouldn't be a major factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Problem.. I was applying for this and I said no about the HEAR... I thought mine didn't work and forgot all about it, but I've gotten a letter from HEAR now :/ What do I do??

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Problem.. I was applying for this and I said no about the HEAR... I thought mine didn't work and forgot all about it, but I've gotten a letter from HEAR now :/ What do I do??

Phone Susi and get your application altered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭emmamurphy233

How do we prove that we sat the Leaving without a copy of the results? Or do we just have to wait to get results?

ConTheCat wrote: »

I never mentioned HEAR on mine at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Hey guys, i'd applied for the grant over a month ago but havent heard anything from them since. Is this normal or should i be worried?

Also, i think i qualify for the top up, do i need to apply for it separately or will they add it on automatically to my main application? How much would it be? :)

Any help is greatly appreciated, cheers.
    Kman.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

Hi I just received the letter with what documents to send of this morning. It says I have to give evidence of residence in Ireland that can include a range of different things a lot of which I don't have as I'm only 18 like utility bills and all that there not in my name. It says evidence that you sat your junior cert so would it be okay if I just send of a copy of my junior cert results like would that be enough proof. I mean I was born in Ireland my family is Irish I'm not from a foreign country so does everyone have that bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Princessxx wrote: »
    Hi I just received the letter with what documents to send of this morning. It says I have to give evidence of residence in Ireland that can include a range of different things a lot of which I don't have as I'm only 18 like utility bills and all that there not in my name. It says evidence that you sat your junior cert so would it be okay if I just send of a copy of my junior cert results like would that be enough proof. I mean I was born in Ireland my family is Irish I'm not from a foreign country so does everyone have that bit?

Yup the junior cert results is enough. I emailed them to ask and they said that the junior cert results is enough and they'll get confirmation that you have done the leaving cert from the CAO and that is enough to prove your residency for the past three years.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

Yup the junior cert results is enough. I emailed them to ask and they said that the junior cert results is enough and they'll get confirmation that you have done the leaving cert from the CAO and that is enough to prove your residency for the past three years.
    Okay thank you so much i was confused as to what to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BellaVerita

Is my Susi application number (the one that you need for the social welfare forms) my student reference number that's on the page when you log in to Susi?

Edit: Never mind, it's not that number. It's a different one on the form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

I haven't received any letters from SUSI just yet but can someone tell me what documents I'll need to have in order for when they do? Both my parents are on social welfare and I'm the first child in the family to get a grant if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BellaVerita

I haven't received any letters from SUSI just yet but can someone tell me what documents I'll need to have in order for when they do? Both my parents are on social welfare and I'm the first child in the family to get a grant if that helps.

You'll need to print off two of these(one for each parent):
    http://www.cdvec.ie/getattachment/Student-Supports/Grants/Social-Welfare-Statement-2012.pdf.aspx

and then bring them into the social welfare office for them to fill them out. My local office sent them off to different counties and then they were sent back to my home this past week. It took over a week for them to come back so I would do that as soon as possible if I were you.

You'll also need a photocopy of your birth cert(long version) and different documents(also photocopied) to prove you've lived in Ireland for 3 of the last 5 years. These could be: utility bills, bank statements, J.C. results, p60

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

You'll need to print off two of these(one for each parent):
    http://www.cdvec.ie/getattachment/Student-Supports/Grants/Social-Welfare-Statement-2012.pdf.aspx

and then bring them into the social welfare office for them to fill them out. My local office sent them off to different counties and then they were sent back to my home this past week. It took over a week for them to come back so I would do that as soon as possible if I were you.

You'll also need a photocopy of your birth cert(long version) and different documents(also photocopied) to prove you've lived in Ireland for 3 of the last 5 years. These could be: utility bills, bank statements, J.C. results, p60

Thank you for your help! My dad's on social welfare in the 6 counties, do you know if that would change anything? I'll get the Birth Cert and JC results sorted as soon as possible in the meantime.

Advertisement