Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Student Grant*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wiirdo

I really need help everyone. I put in my PPS wrong. Idiotic move but it won't let me change it. What do I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Wiirdo wrote: »
    I really need help everyone. I put in my PPS wrong. Idiotic move but it won't let me change it. What do I do?

Best bet would be to ring SUSI - OR, start fresh with a new application.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭DestructiveApe

I got the letter about the required documents on friday but they forgot to put down the documents so i have to wait for another letter, i'm sick of waiting for things :L

Best bet would be to ring SUSI - OR, start fresh with a new application.

I haven't finished the application on the acocunt I did wrong so can I just make a new account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

I haven't finished the application on the acocunt I did wrong so can I just make a new account?

If you haven't completed it, just go back into it again, you should be able to edit it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

My daughter got the pack requesting the info. We are just going to include junior cert results as proof of residency, and I need to get to the social welfare office tomorrow to fill in that form.

Does anyone have any ideas how long it will take once everything is received or what the plan is regarding initial payment?

Muir wrote: »
    If you haven't completed it, just go back into it again, you should be able to edit it.

It won't let me change my PPS. My personal details are all locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BellaVerita

Thank you for your help! My dad's on social welfare in the 6 counties, do you know if that would change anything? I'll get the Birth Cert and JC results sorted as soon as possible in the meantime.

I doubt it would change anything, tbh I don't know why they had to send them off to different counties to get them filled in. Maybe email/ring SUSI but like I said I doubt it will change anything. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

It won't let me change my PPS. My personal details are all locked.

There should be a 'personal details' module on the left of the page without being in an application.

Click that and you should be able to alter all your personal details.

An0n wrote: »
    There should be a 'personal details' module on the left of the page without being in an application.

Click that and you should be able to alter all your personal details.

Grant.png

This is what I see and I can't edit anything except my e-mail and phone number.

• Advertisement

Anybody have an idea? Can I just make a new one?

Anybody have an idea? Can I just make a new one?

Just ring up SUSI & explain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Hey there so I applied online and got back the letter with the stuff I need to send off but I've a problem. I've a brother who just finished his four year degree and is starting his masters in September and now he tells me that he's probably gonna be applying for a grant eventhough he told me when I was filling out my own that some firm is 'sponsoring' his masters to some degree. I put his info down that he would be in college this year but I said that he wouldn't be applying for a grant. What should do? I'm afraid that I'll have to start a whole new application which will mean it'll take weeks to get back the letter and everything... :eek:

Just ring up SUSI & explain.

Will do. When is the deadline btw anyone?

Anyone that hasn't received that pack might be as well off to get the documentation lined up just in case of delays. I wish I had requested this stuff from social welfare office just to have, as now there's a further delay. Best of luck to everyone who is awaiting results

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Hey there so I applied online and got back the letter with the stuff I need to send off but I've a problem. I've a brother who just finished his four year degree and is starting his masters in September and now he tells me that he's probably gonna be applying for a grant eventhough he told me when I was filling out my own that some firm is 'sponsoring' his masters to some degree. I put his info down that he would be in college this year but I said that he wouldn't be applying for a grant. What should do? I'm afraid that I'll have to start a whole new application which will mean it'll take weeks to get back the letter and everything... :eek:

Just ring them up & let them know, shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Will do. When is the deadline btw anyone?

As far as I know, the deadline is the 31st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Applying now isn't too late is it?!
    I imagined I would just sort all of this out after getting my results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

When do you send all the evidence documents? I haven't sent any of mine yet

Eathrin wrote: »
    Applying now isn't too late is it?!
    I imagined I would just sort all of this out after getting my results.

It's not too late but you should get going with it. This year more people have applied early than ever before, but the process can be quite slow, like waiting on them to reply about documents & then waiting to actually hear back will probably be September at the earliest.

• Advertisement

When do you send all the evidence documents? I haven't sent any of mine yet

Well they'll send you out a letter asking, so send them back then as soon as you can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Well they'll send you out a letter asking, so send them back then as soon as you can

Yeah I still haven't received a letter., but I only sent it around mid July.

Yeah, there can be a bit of a wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Does anybody know if both parent's details must be submitted where they are separated?

Does anybody know if both parent's details must be submitted where they are separated?

As far as I know, you provide the details of the parent you live with. You may also have to include maintenance paid by the other parent if they do pay maintenance. I think that's how it works anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Izzie11

You'll need proof of separation too. A letter from your parents solicitor saying they are seperated would be enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

If you're not sure about anything I would send them an email, they have a note up saying that every email will be answered within one working day and they seem to be sticking to that, so it won't cost you too much time.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AllyMcFearless

Is anybody else having trouble logging in tonight or is it just me? :S

Anyone know what the deadline is for sending back the docs? I'm waiting to get stuff back now so won't be able to send off for a few days I reckon.

• Advertisement

the deadline for applying is 31st, and I think that's just applying online, so obviously the deadline for docs would be later. You still have time, don't worry!

Advertisement