Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Student Grant*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AK123

Bank statements, copy of junior cert results, letter from your school confirming attendance at the school. I just got my principle to write a letter saying I have attended for 6 years and thats grand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Nazata wrote: »
    Is it quicker to apply for a P12 by phone or using PAYE Anytime?
    Currently waiting for the PAYE Anytime pin, should I request by phone also?

I personally found it quicker by phone a few weeks ago. But at the moment I think it's pretty much equal because by phone has gotten a bit slower, presumably because everyone is applying now because of the grant. So you might be as well off just waiting on the pin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

I haven't applied for my grant yet. Do you think there will be a huge deal with me getting it?

Raeone wrote: »
    I haven't applied for my grant yet. Do you think there will be a huge deal with me getting it?

You need to apply online by the 31st, I recommend you do this as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

Zipppy wrote: »
    Anyone have a list of what is accepted as proof of residency for last 5 years?
    active bank statements :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Princessxx wrote: »
    active bank statements :P
    Even if it's only two years??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Even if it's only two years??
    Your school will have a copy of your Junior Cert, while the awarding authority will have access to your LC details, which should be sufficient.

Owen_S wrote: »
    Your school will have a copy of your Junior Cert, while the awarding authority will have access to your LC details, which should be sufficient.
    Thanks..this is for my daughter...not sure if there is anyone in her school these days...will try tomorrow

Hey I was just wondering I qualify for the grand and I also qualify for the free fees. I was just wondering do I have to pay my fees and then get the money given back or does the grant just cover it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

Hey I was just wondering I qualify for the grand and I also qualify for the free fees. I was just wondering do I have to pay my fees and then get the money given back or does the grant just cover it?

You don't need to. Wait until you get confirmation of your grant in a letter, bring that letter to the registration dept and they tick the box off your name.

If your grant goes past Christmas without being confirmed you might have problems re: Exams and results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Hey guys, I sent off all the documents etc. required to be verified for the grant about 10 days ago and haven't hear back yet, does anyone know when I should hear back from the Grant people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Hey guys, I sent off all the documents etc. required to be verified for the grant about 10 days ago and haven't hear back yet, does anyone know when I should hear back from the Grant people?

Did you get a letter saying to send this stuff or do you just have to do it right after you apply? I probably wont get it as my dads a retired guard but rang them and said might get a bit of funding... He is only retired this year I wonder if I took a year out would I get more of a grant next year?

Don't think anyone has heard back yet, you could be waiting a while, someone was told after ringing that they wouldn't hear until September.

Thanks..this is for my daughter...not sure if there is anyone in her school these days...will try tomorrow

OK no one in school....any other options?
    Letter from her doctor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Letter from her doctor?

On examinations.ie you can order a copy of the results to be posted out to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Hey guys, one of my parents is receiving unemployment allowance so i was wondering whats the difference between filling in this form by the local social welfare office and requesting a statement of earning online? :rolleyes:

Hey guys, one of my parents is receiving unemployment allowance so i was wondering whats the difference between filling in this form by the local social welfare office and requesting a statement of earning online? :rolleyes:

I requested a similar form from the same department for another allowance off this https://www.welfare.ie/EN/Secure/Pages/OnlineStatementRequest.aspx and never heard or revieved anything back.

Ended up going to the local social welfare/HSE officer office and they sorted it out, had it within a week.

The one on cdvec is the new official SUSI form & seems to be the one that they want. I'd just do the one they want, saves the hassle of them not accepting the other form later & you needing to get the other one sorted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Letter from her doctor?

Is it a very small school?
    They might not be answering the phones, but there will be somebody in there. This is the busiest week of the year for deliveries of equipment and books to schools.

You don't need to. Wait until you get confirmation of your grant in a letter, bring that letter to the registration dept and they tick the box off your name.

If your grant goes past Christmas without being confirmed you might have problems re: Exams and results
    I got the letter saying what documents to send off and all that so im sending them off this week. So is it the letter i get back after sending them off I show is it?

• Advertisement

I got the letter saying what documents to send off and all that so im sending them off this week. So is it the letter i get back after sending them off I show is it?

Yes, presuming you'll be successful you'll get a letter saying the same. Show that to them and happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭Looking Glass

I filled out my SUSI application earlier on and am keeping my fingers crossed. A lot of bizarre questions on that form!

Got the same e-mail most of you did ('Thank you for submitting your Student Grant Application...'), now it's time to play the waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

I sent mine the 10th of July and no reply yet, so you've a long wait ahead of you I'm afraid!

Hey guys
    My daughter has 'lost' the personalised declaration form that arrived from SUSI with initial acceptance...
    Anyone any idea how we might get a replacement??

Hey I was just wondering as part of my grant I have to send of proof of how much maintenance my mom receives from my dad it was just printed on some document made by the court stating the amount and stuff would a copy of this be enough sorry I'm just a bit stressed by this

Hey I was just wondering as part of my grant I have to send of proof of how much maintenance my mom receives from my dad it was just printed on some document made by the court stating the amount and stuff would a copy of this be enough sorry I'm just a bit stressed by this

It should be, you should ring them up just to check what would be acceptable.

Hey guys
    My daughter has 'lost' the personalised declaration form that arrived from SUSI with initial acceptance...
    Anyone any idea how we might get a replacement??

Email them & ask, they're quite quick to respond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Muir wrote: »
    Email them & ask, they're quite quick to respond.

Whats the email? I emailed them yesterday and just want to be sure it's the right one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

biohaiid wrote: »
    Whats the email? I emailed them yesterday and just want to be sure it's the right one.

SUSI SUPPORT DESK

Available 9.00am - 10.00 Mon/Fri
    Available 9.00am - 6.00pm Saturdays
    Email: support@susi.cdvec.ie
    Telephone 0761 08 7874
    Facebook.com/susisupport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Damianlegend

Did anyone of ye get your reply yet ? I send all the documents like almost a month ago,I accepted my offer and still havent got a reply.. ;/ eehh

Advertisement