Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roll Out Lawn

Options
  • 27-05-2012 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi Everyone first time poster here as was too busy getting the house in order to think about the garden. I'm now ready to think about the lawn and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with companies supplying roll out lawns.
    I have about 150 sq metres to cover, average quotes all around the 700 mark for supply only. No clue which company to use so was hoping someone might have some experiences good or bad??? Thanks in advance for all info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Prices vary as does quality but that price does seem high, where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Hi Everyone first time poster here as was too busy getting the house in order to think about the garden. I'm now ready to think about the lawn and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with companies supplying roll out lawns.
    I have about 150 sq metres to cover, average quotes all around the 700 mark for supply only. No clue which company to use so was hoping someone might have some experiences good or bad??? Thanks in advance for all info.

Not sure of the quality but if you want cheap then B&Q sell it - I've laid two lawns using turf & got it in balbriggan - not the cheapest but good quality weed free

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭ymurtagh

i would want it laid and all for 700

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

There is a company near Ballycommon in Offaly who do this. I can't think of their name at the moment but I can find out and post back tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭selfbuildkk

Thanks for the replies guys, Sonnenblumen I'm based in Waterford county. Ive had a look at Leinster lawns and a couple of others, and 700 seems the going rate for supply only. The products look good online but as everyone knows online and reality are two very different things at times, I was looking personal experience of someone who has used a company and found them good to deal with and the end product turned out well. irelandspurs have you used leinsterlawns before?? Thanks again for taking the time to reply, greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭macraignil

I found this business in Cork to be good to deal with.
    www.kmclawnturf.com
    Not sure how much they are charging now as it was a couple of years back that I used their role out turfgrass. I found the roles I got were slightly short of what was needed but they allowed me take the extra couple of rolls required for free.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Roll out Lawn/Grass is 4 euro each in B&Q Airside and Liffey Valley.

Seems to be good quality and weed free.

Might be handy for anyone doing a small patch of grass/lawn.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

summerlawns.ie

good advice on the site as well

As with all things

Get 3 quotes

Advertisement