Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mark needed t pass my module?

Options
  • 27-05-2012 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

hi, im in my final year in a course in DIT Bolton street.

Iv just finished my exams,all went well bar 1,science

the module is divide up into 40% continuous assessment and 60% for the written exam.

I had 26% going into the exam,the written went terribly tho.

do i just need 14% out of the 60% in the written exam to pass or is there like a cut off mark to pass?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

You need to pass both sections of the module individually ie. 40% mark in your written exam part and 40% mark in your CA part.

The 40:60 weighting takes part after the individual marks have been allocated for both written and CA - and assuming you have passed both parts.

You may be eligible for pass by compensation if you get between 35% and 40% though.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭vwgolfmk504

Kensington wrote: »
    You need to pass both sections of the module individually ie. 40% mark in your written exam part and 40% mark in your CA part.

The 40:60 weighting takes part after the individual marks have been allocated for both written and CA - and assuming you have passed both parts.

You may be eligible for pass by compensation if you get between 35% and 40% though.

ok i just remembered there that a lecturer in my old course last year which is the sister course of my new course said it was 25% was the threshold of the written exam,so maybe theres hope!

Advertisement