Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do for Chemistry? Help...

• 27-05-2012 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

So we don't have much time left till leaving cert and I don't have anything done for chemistry. I have failed my mocks and I guess I was avoiding looking at it and procrastinating because it is one of my weaker subjects. Even though I like it I just can't get myself to study for it for some reason.
    I have given up a long time ago on an A or even a B but I just don't want to fail it.
    What should I look at in the next few days to pass?
    Right now I'm learning Organic and trying to learn the experiments...what else is guaranteed to come up that I would have a chance of learning at this point?

And please refrain from making comments on how stupid I am for not studying earlier - I know that myself....:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Schonie wrote: »
    So we don't have much time left till leaving cert and I don't have anything done for chemistry. I have failed my mocks and I guess I was avoiding looking at it and procrastinating because it is one of my weaker subjects. Even though I like it I just can't get myself to study for it for some reason.
    I have given up a long time ago on an A or even a B but I just don't want to fail it.
    What should I look at in the next few days to pass?
    Right now I'm learning Organic and trying to learn the experiments...what else is guaranteed to come up that I would have a chance of learning at this point?

And please refrain from making comments on how stupid I am for not studying earlier - I know that myself....:)

Learn the chapter on fuel. and heats of reactions. (Q6) also learn the rate of reactions too (the graphs etc).

Equilibrium is handy too and so is electrochem and oxidation reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Scarlett Scout

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Learn the chapter on fuel. and heats of reactions. (Q6) also learn the rate of reactions too (the graphs etc).

Equilibrium is handy too and so is electrochem and oxidation reduction.

do above and if you can the definitions then with organics, experiments, fuels and equilibrium you will have the paper well passed

Also would recommend water chapter/ph/acid base guaranteed question and not hard to do on your own esp. if you have biology

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Learn your experiments really well. You can do three of them and all the titrations are basically the same with a few minor details (indicators, few mathsy bits). The organic experiments are easy enough to as theres no maths.

After that, make sure you know organic, fuels, question 5 and definitions. The rates of reactions chapter and chemical equilibrium are also grand.

Know those and you'll be fine. :)

Advertisement