Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant Ireland Flag

• 27-05-2012 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Anyone have an idea where I'd get a giant Irish flag in town? Herself is heading off to America next week for the summer and she's looking for an Irish flag to bring with her!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Jofspring

alan1990 wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea where I'd get a giant Irish flag in town? Herself is heading off to America next week for the summer and she's looking for an Irish flag to bring with her!!

Depends how big you want giant to be. Penneys have Irish flags at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Thanks, I'll send her in for a look!! I think she's looking for something around the size of a bath towel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

alan1990 wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll send her in for a look!! I think she's looking for something around the size of a bath towel!

Standard flag size is 5x3, you should be able to find them in town given the euros and the olympics coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Champion sports had them yesterday in Cork so they will more than likely have them in Limerick too. 7 euro if i remember correctly.

source wrote: »
    Standard flag size is 5x3, you should be able to find them in town given the euros and the olympics coming up.
    falan wrote: »
    Champion sports had them yesterday in Cork so they will more than likely have them in Limerick too. 7 euro if i remember correctly.

Cheers, thanks lads!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

supervalu have them as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

you could do worse too than buy three single bed white sheets in penneys, get some clothes dye in a crafts shop or hickeys on cruises street, then dye one sheet green, the other sheet orange, cut to size then just how big you want it (or just stitch the three sheets together as they are!) and then hem the sides- one giant irish flag!

aaand here's one i... ah no, i didnt! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Have a look up william street in euro shops & dealz should be able to pick one up cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Dunnes Stores have them for €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Bought 5ftx3ft last week in€ store for €2! She could buy a few to take as gifts:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gallee

Wow - €2 - that's good. I love the bit of Patriotism that's around before the Euro 2012. I have a lot of friends heading off on J1's and they will also be flying the National Flag. Long me it continue.

Thanks lads, managed to pick one up yesterday in Gleesons Sports, €6 I think it was!
    I was in Dunnes Jetland yesterday evening and they had massive ones, 3m x 5m I think they were, incase anyone wants to dress up the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MrLaurel

The one great thing about being Irish is we never cheapen the flag. When I see Union Jack boxer shorts etc etc, makes me hope we never go overboard like that. Still large flags for €2 and €6 are great prices

MrLaurel wrote: »
    The one great thing about being Irish is we never cheapen the flag. When I see Union Jack boxer shorts etc etc, makes me hope we never go overboard like that. Still large flags for €2 and €6 are great prices

im guessing you've never bought boxer shorts in penneys then!

and while you're at it, take a trip out to shannon airport, you can fill twenty suitcases with a whole array of oirish tri-color macmickey knick knacks!

it wouldnt surprise me if dealz downtown starts selling tri-color toilet roll in time to show your, erm, 'support' for the irish team in euro2012... :rolleyes:

xsiborg wrote: »

and while you're at it, take a trip out to shannon airport, you can fill twenty suitcases with a whole array of oirish tri-color macmickey knick knacks!

it wouldnt surprise me if dealz downtown starts selling tri-color toilet roll in time to show your, erm, 'support' for the irish team in euro2012... :rolleyes:

have a pair of those famous tri-color boxes at home, and even saw a tri-color bikini in heatons childers road during the week. :D

afro man wrote: »
    have a pair of those famous tri-color boxes at home, and even saw a tri-color bikini in heatons childers road during the week. :D

actually you wouldnt happen to know where in limerick i could get one of those tri-color spandex body socks the guy wears in the harvey norman advert on tv?

its quite disturbing on so many levels but i'd almost have the balls to wear it down to the pub just for the giggles! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭adaminho

actually you wouldnt happen to know where in limerick i could get one of those tri-color spandex body socks the guy wears in the harvey norman advert on tv?

its quite disturbing on so many levels but i'd almost have the balls to wear it down to the pub just for the giggles! :pac:

If you don't have the balls I would suggest a rolled up pair of socks!

Try the joke shop or Glitzi bitz in Arthur's quay. They're called morph suits.

adaminho wrote: »
    If you don't have the balls I would suggest a rolled up pair of socks!

Try the joke shop or Glitzi bitz in Arthur's quay. They're called morph suits.

not sure if morph suits available in limerick you may have to go online to purchase one ..

http://www.thecostumeshop.ie/

http://www.morphsuits.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MrLaurel

Never been in Penneys, looks like I'm not missing much. I'd be interested in white toilet roll with a red cross on it;)

MrLaurel wrote: »
    Never been in Penneys, looks like I'm not missing much. I'd be interested in white toilet roll with a red cross on it;)

they would make a fortune selling that or the union jack one :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement