Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography Settelement Question?

• 27-05-2012 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭

This Quetion came up in the mocks last year
    Examine the Os map that accompanies this paper
    Describe and explain three types of settlement that are shown on the map.

This only applies if you are doing the human elective. Anyway i was wondering could you answer this on historic settlement or would you have to do it on Rural settelment (Linear, Clustered, Dispearesed) or could you do it on something else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Scarlett Scout

bobjimmy wrote: »

This only applies if you are doing the human elective. Anyway i was wondering could you answer this on historic settlement or would you have to do it on Rural settelment (Linear, Clustered, Dispearesed) or could you do it on something else?

Linear, clustered dispersed I'm afraid at least thats what our teacher told us:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Our teacher told us to describe the Historic settlement etc of the area :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

bobjimmy wrote: »

NO, it has to be on Modern Day Rural settlement. Unless it specifically menions Historical Settlement in the question, you discuss 3 of the following:
    • Linear
    • Clustered
    • Dispersed
    • Absence of Settlement

You name the type of settlement, give a 6 figure grid reference and 3 SRP'S. That gives you 10 marks, do this with 3 separate settlement patterns and that gives you your 30m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Alright Thanks lads

Advertisement