Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the best gradual fake tan for really pale skin

• 27-05-2012 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I am 15 and really pale and no matter how much time I spend in the sun I never tan. I have always looked deathly pale and people have mistaken me for having cancer so its really annoying.

I really want to build a gradual looking natural darkish tan. Something that looks kind of like you see on people in Florida or Spain. What products can you suggest and any idea how much they cost.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Firstly, if you're that pale naturally, a dark tan will look really weird and REALLY obviously fake. Your best bet is to use a daily moisturiser with fake tan in it, like the Dove or Johnson's one. That'll build up slowly, but don't go buying the "dark" shade because it will look wrong on your skin. You'll get them for less than €10 in Boots or anywhere like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

1)johnsons & johsons holiday skin body lotion

2)garnier fake tan body lotion(the roundy one)

3)garnier no streaks fake tan spray (in light)

4)soap & glory one night tanned

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The Palmers cocoa butter self tanner is quite nice.

St. Tropez everyday is the best I've used. They do a light one and a dark one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Trish97 wrote: »
    I am 15 and really pale and no matter how much time I spend in the sun I never tan. I have always looked deathly pale and people have mistaken me for having cancer so its really annoying.

I really want to build a gradual looking natural darkish tan. Something that looks kind of like you see on people in Florida or Spain. What products can you suggest and any idea how much they cost.

People mistake you for having cancer???:eek: Do these people not know that tanning and sun damage causes skin cancer. There's a thread with some pale luvin here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056623059

I've tried a whole load of self tanners, and I have skin that doesn't tan. I find the best and most natural colour is Dove gradual tanner. Johnson and Johnson goes orange on me.Vita Liberata also does a very good gradual tanner which is a shade darker than Dove.

However, you are only 15. I'm sure your skin is lovely,delicate and unblemished. I would hold of on the fake tan for a few more years if i was you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭greengirl31

Trish, There are LOADS of people who are deathly pale so don't think you're the only one :-) I've always been super pale too and have in my younger days, tried everything to even get a little bit of colour but I would go lobster red, to a strange purpelish colour then back to white again !!!! I'm in my 30's now and wear make up every day so I don’t look like deathly sick and I’ve realised that the only tan i'll ever have will be one out of a bottle !!! ... And that's fine. I’ve also noticed now that my friends who would have been sun worshipers in our teens and 20’s have a lot more wrinkles than I do now too !!

I have tried them all from the St. Tropez to the J&J developing one but the one I find best is the St Moritz moose from Pennys !! It's only about €5 for a bottle and I think it's Fab !!! I normally put it on with a mitt at night ... Leave it to dry for a while before i get into bed, then rinse off the next morning. It can be a bit pongy before you rinse it off but after you rinse it's fine !! Don’t put too much on though cause it’ll look too obvious … Practice is the key and the mitt really helps. Then on days like today, you can lash on the factor 50 over it 

Trish, you’re very young so your skin is still developing !! And I know how hard it is being the sick looking one in the room but trust me, that’s not the worst thing … I’d rather that, than a dermatologist digging moles from my skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I have a boots No 7 tan that is really good, its a gradual tan like you mentioned and takes about 5-7 days to eventually wash off....You can add as much as you need so you dont end up looking too dark and fake looking !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I like the garnier gradual tanner at the moment, its quite light, I think its on special offer at the moment in Tesco too

Advertisement