Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plus size dresses for 21st?

• 27-05-2012 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

I'm looking for a plus-size dress for my 21st next month and don't even know where to begin looking! I don't want to go too formal, and I think the ideal length would be around knee length? Price range is under €100 preferably. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I'll save some cake for whoever can help ;)

Comments

Try asos.com their curve range is lovely. New look also do a plus size range as do forever 21, both have websites who deliver to Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

Try asos.com their curve range is lovely. New look also do a plus size range as do forever 21, both have websites who deliver to Ireland :)
    Thanks so much, I'll have a goo there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

What size are you if you don't mind me asking? Monsoon do lovely dresses, maybe a bit over budget though.
    New Look's range isn't brilliant but you should get something with Forever 21 just be careful with the sizing if you're ordering online.

lizt wrote: »
    What size are you if you don't mind me asking? Monsoon do lovely dresses, maybe a bit over budget though.
    New Look's range isn't brilliant but you should get something with Forever 21 just be careful with the sizing if you're ordering online.
    I'd be around an 18-20, bust and arms are the problem areas! I'll have a look and see, thanks a million :) I'm not really a fan of the Forever 21 + range, I bought a dress there recently and it just wasn't great quality, although for the pricing I suppose I can't really complain! Thanks again :)

AnnaSophia wrote: »
    I'd be around an 18-20, bust and arms are the problem areas! I'll have a look and see, thanks a million :) I'm not really a fan of the Forever 21 + range, I bought a dress there recently and it just wasn't great quality, although for the pricing I suppose I can't really complain! Thanks again :)

Dorothy Perkins might be another option or even Penneys although I've never bought a dress there (I'd be around the same size!)

• Advertisement

lizt wrote: »
    Dorothy Perkins might be another option or even Penneys although I've never bought a dress there (I'd be around the same size!)
    Yeah I was checking out DP, I think I need to go in and try something on, I find it so hard to tell with looking online! Pennys do have some lovely stuff at the minute, but just because it's for my 21st, I'd be scared somebody would have the same thing or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭okiss

I was looking for plus size clothes one day on the internet and I found this website called www.yoursclothing.ie.
    This company is based in the uk with a delivery charge of €7 for up to 50 items.
    They have some really nice dresses for sale for €30 to €60 and they also do shrugs and boleros for apox €20 -€25.
    Have a great time at your 21st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

Okiss is that a reliable website? Are there any hidden custom charges?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Yours is a legit website, I've ordered from them before with no problems

That's great, thanks so much everybody :)

• Advertisement

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_008010642964_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Women I thought I'd let everyone know what I ended up getting, found this in Debenhams. It's from Jenny Packham's collection and is exactly what I was looking for :) thanks again for all your help!

AnnaSophia wrote: »
    http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_008010642964_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Women I thought I'd let everyone know what I ended up getting, found this in Debenhams. It's from Jenny Packham's collection and is exactly what I was looking for :) thanks again for all your help!

Lovely, very classy. My graduation dress was the same sort of shape and it's very flattering.

I was so lucky to find it, I really love it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That's gorgeous! But I thought you were looking for a plus-size dress?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

phasers wrote: »
    That's gorgeous! But I thought you were looking for a plus-size dress?

The sizes go up to 18.

I was, but I happened to check out Debenhams and found this one :)

Advertisement