Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jammers

Options
  • 27-05-2012 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Just reading an old article in the herald ... For 40 euro on the Internet you can get a gsm jammer that will block the signal in an entire estate.
    I'm aware you get get radio back up etc .... Is that practical for you en standard grade 2 alarm!? Price wise I'm thinking then with associated monitoring fees etc.

Is anyone aware of any system that would act as a deterrent to these devices??gsm...

Great opening for a patent .. Anyone with good electronic know how,,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

minder2009 wrote: »
    Just reading an old article in the herald ... For 40 euro on the Internet you can get a gsm jammer that will block the signal in an entire estate.
    I'm aware you get get radio back up etc .... Is that practical for you en standard grade 2 alarm!? Price wise I'm thinking then with associated monitoring fees etc.

Is anyone aware of any system that would act as a deterrent to these devices??gsm...

Great opening for a patent .. Anyone with good electronic know how,,

Radio equipment and radio monitoring is expensive. It would take a bigger unit that the smoke packet to take out an estate. There is a dualcom that is monitored by Smart monitoring. It is a cheaper option and is polled every 3 minutes, if there are 5 missed polls in 15 minutes they will alert you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

altor wrote: »
    Radio equipment and radio monitoring is expensive. It would take a bigger unit that the smoke packet to take out an estate. There is a dualcom that is monitored by Smart monitoring. It is a cheaper option and is polled every 3 minutes, if there are 5 missed polls in 15 minutes they will alert you.
    15 minutes is too long imo and you will only get keyholder response with a dual path fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Jnealon wrote: »
    15 minutes is too long imo and you will only get keyholder response with a dual path fail.

I agree it is. It does not have to be dual path failure to contact a keyholder.
    By this I mean if the GSM is all that is being used.

Advertisement