Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JSB & New P/T Job

• 27-05-2012 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi all, need some help please! I'm currently receiving Job Seekers Benefit. On Friday I signed a contract for a part time job (7.5 hours per week), starting Wednesday morning.

Should I inform social straight away in the morning or can I wait til I actually start the job on Wednesday morning?

Will I be entitled to my JSB payment this week (due Wednesday)?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kaiser31

Morning, any advice?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Inform the social that you will be working P/T.Just be aware that the social is not concerned about the number of hours worked per week.1 hour worked in a day will mean that you don't get any jsb for that day.
    They will supply you with X and O dockets fill these in and return them to the office.

mp22 wrote: »
    Inform the social that you will be working P/T.Just be aware that the social is not concerned about the number of hours worked per week.1 hour worked in a day will mean that you don't get any jsb for that day.
    They will supply you with X and O dockets fill these in and return them to the office.

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll call in to them today. Do you think I'll be able to collect my JSB on Wednesday?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

kaiser31 wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back to me. I'll call in to them today. Do you think I'll be able to collect my JSB on Wednesday?

Ask them when you are at the office.

Got all sorted today, cheers for the input!

• Advertisement
Advertisement