Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laminate floor springing

• 27-05-2012 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Have an issue with a laminate floor installed it myself and done it correctly leaving about 6mm for expansion all the way around the room, this was all done february last now today for some reason I notice a spring in the floor when I put my foot on it its springin back up would it be the warm weather over last few days will it go back down any advice from anyone who has experience with these floors. it was a good quality laminate floor too not some cheap crap like.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

toshy321 wrote: »
    Have an issue with a laminate floor installed it myself and done it correctly leaving about 6mm for expansion all the way around the room, this was all done february last now today for some reason I notice a spring in the floor when I put my foot on it its springin back up would it be the warm weather over last few days will it go back down any advice from anyone who has experience with these floors. it was a good quality laminate floor too not some cheap crap like.

I would think it is the heat. They do expand , but will come back . You may have left a tight spot somewhere . All it takes is one board. Or A very humid day

If it does no come back for you, it will still be an easy fix. Dont worry.

Advertisement