Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hatoful Boyfriend - the most insane game in the world...

Options
  • 27-05-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

It's essentially one of those Japanese Dating Sims (strange enough in itself) but you're the only human and your potential suiters are all pigeons...

You read that right...

The #1 entry on this cracked.com article goes into more detail on the insanity...

130074.jpg?v=1

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played through it a few months ago.
    Was killed by ninja pigeon assassins

It's a satirical masterpiece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I remember reading before about a japanese game where the object was to rub up against women on a busy subway train without them noticing?
    Wonder if people get a trill out of these games, or is it sort of a joke to try and come up with the weirdest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Played through it a few months ago.
    Was killed by ninja pigeon assassins

It's a satirical masterpiece.

Is it confirmed satire? With other games on that list including such works as "Spot the Hermaphrodite", one would wonder!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,363 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Is it confirmed satire? With other games on that list including such works as "Spot the Hermaphrodite", one would wonder!

If you'd play it you'd know, the game is hilarious and was never meant to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭megaten

I've heard great things about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I remember reading before about a japanese game where the object was to rub up against women on a busy subway train without them noticing?
    Wonder if people get a trill out of these games, or is it sort of a joke to try and come up with the weirdest?
    That series is for thrills.
    Look up the sad phenomenon of "chikan" to see how bad Japan can be. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    That series is for thrills.
    Look up the sad phenomenon of "chikan" to see how bad Japan can be. :rolleyes:

Never underestimate Japan - the rabbithole just keeps getting deeper...

Ha, there's a reason I didn't immediately identify this as satire!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A new version of this game has been released - new translation, graphical overhaul (higher def pigeons!), more content etc... etc....

It remains one of the strangest, funniest games ever made - a truly insane piece of satirical genius that offers a fun deconstruction of a specific genre while also telling a weird and wonderful story of its own.

Steam, GOG, whatever: this is the best pigeon dating simulator you'll play this year, and not only because it's the only one you'll play this year, although that's also true.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Higher Def pigeons :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I need to play this masterpiece

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

will senpai notice me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

pidgeuuu~~~~

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

higher def pigeons!

Well this is the best thing I've seen on boards all week.

STOP THE GODDAMN INTERNET EQUIVALENT OF THE PRESSES. SO I GUESS THAT MEANS STOP THE SERVERS OR SOMETHING? WHATEVER! BASICALLY: SEQUEL!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-04-hatoful-boyfriend-holiday-star-announced-for-autumn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

They should have waited till E3, surely Bethesdas time slot could have been truncated to accommodate this announcement

• Cormac... wrote: »
    They should have waited till E3, surely Bethesdas time slot could have been truncated to accommodate this announcement

I think they have pushed out Half Life 3's slot instead...

Advertisement