Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ Recommendation?

Options
  • 27-05-2012 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place.
    Looking at buying my first bbq looking at 200 mark preferably but if a bit more will make a big difference. Looking in homebase, atlantic, b&q and argos and argos seemed to have better looking ones for cheaper but they might be crap. Any recommendations?
    Also where would I get gas for it or where would be the cheapest place?
    Any help appreciated. Wont need a big tank. Would get used 2-3 times a month in current weather (with it being Ireland not very often)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

any help? this the wrong area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

i got a fiesta one in woodies last year at the end of the summer, e250 its a monster of a bbq, if you can hold off wait till the end of the summer the shops be trying to get rid of them,

ronn wrote: »
    i got a fiesta one in woodies last year at the end of the summer, e250 its a monster of a bbq, if you can hold off wait till the end of the summer the shops be trying to get rid of them,

Kinda want it for the summer :D
    Where is the best place to get gas?
    What difference does the amount of burners make?
    Any of these any good?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Browse/ID72/14418882/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CGarden+and+DIY%7C14418702/c_2/2%7C14418702%7CBarbecues%7C14418875/c_3/3%7Ccat_14418875%7CGas+BBQs%7C14418882.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Most of those barbeques are very flimsy and remember most need to be assembled. Bought one once from Argos and it was similar to assembling a feckin gas cooker. Buy the best you can and maybe get a second hand really good one for the price ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Smurf2000

I've a weber BBQ and I can't recommend them highly enough. I bought mine 5years ago and it's perfect. I'm big into my BBQ and would use it 3-4 times a week all year round regardless of weather.
    I bought my dad the same one in Woodies for his 70th this year and he's loving it.
    They usually are little more expensive but without a doubt u won't regret it. It comes with a 25 year guarantee which goes to show they will not fall apart like a lot of the cheaper competitors.

Motto. Buy well buy once!! :)

• Advertisement

After attending a bbq yesterday that had both a weber gas and charcoal and I by far preferred the taste from the charcoal.
    Would this be a good one?
    http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/productdetail.aspx?pid=5476&loc=P&catid=100.2.1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Charcoal all the way. No need to spend big bucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I too have a Weber, and know of others who've had the same brand for years and they've lasted really well. If you've got that budget you can get a fine big kettle grill with charcoal cages so you can cook in different ways (direct and indirect, which is similar to the difference between grilling and roasting), and still have a few bob left over for a few bits and pieces.

A chimney style fire starter is the bees knees for getting your charcoal going (bit of newspaper scrunched up in the bottom and a match is all you need, no flammable liquids required!) and around 25 quid will get you one of those, and a cover of some sort to keep the worst of the weather off, not to mention the usual set of implements, aprons and ridiculous hats!

Enjoy, a little bit of preparation makes a great barbecue and i find it's a nice easy way to cook

Prenderb wrote: »
    I too have a Weber, and know of others who've had the same brand for years and they've lasted really well. If you've got that budget you can get a fine big kettle grill with charcoal cages so you can cook in different ways (direct and indirect, which is similar to the difference between grilling and roasting), and still have a few bob left over for a few bits and pieces.

A chimney style fire starter is the bees knees for getting your charcoal going (bit of newspaper scrunched up in the bottom and a match is all you need, no flammable liquids required!) and around 25 quid will get you one of those, and a cover of some sort to keep the worst of the weather off, not to mention the usual set of implements, aprons and ridiculous hats!

Enjoy, a little bit of preparation makes a great barbecue and i find it's a nice easy way to cook

Cheers for that. Recommend anywhere in particular to buy? Gonna do a bit o shopping this weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I once cooked a Turkey in a Webber - it wouldn't fit in the oven. It was superb. Learn how to indirect cook & you take barbecuing to a different level. Leg of lamb, slash the skin & marinade in a sealed bag overnight in the fridge. Then add Rosemary, cover in bacon & cook on the Webber :D

When you get practised you will be able to cook the veg on it as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I buy a cheap one every year or two, the gas is available in many filling stations, DIY outlets agri shops

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

aujopimur wrote: »
    I buy a cheap one every year or two, the gas is available in many filling stations, DIY outlets agri shops

Why bother wasting your money every year? Just buy a good one once and your sorted.

Advertisement