Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being a broody and paternal guy!

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

I'm 38 and don't have any kids. I always just assumed I'd have them when with the right woman, but it was when I hit 35/36 that the real broodiness set in. Its bad as a single man,- must be hell for a single woman of that age with the bio-clock ticking louder.
    I never considered NOT having any till the end of last year, when I decided that if I wasn't in a good relationship heading that way by 40 or 41, that it mightn't be such a good idea to consider them after that.

I've never been as broke in my life, I think i know about all the bad sides, and I'd still have one or two in a heartbeat, as I know I'd provide for them and be a good parent, and I'm not into any hobbies or stuff which would be curtailed by having them.

Thankfully Mrs johnr1 feels exactly the same, so hopefully it'll happen for us over the next couple of years. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Don't know if this adds to the discussion but I know a guy who became an adoptive father when he was well into his fifties (adoptive mother in forties).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Im an uncle to an awesome year and a half old little tike, and you know what he's more fun to hang out with adults at times... I don't really see it as pertanal Cause while yea id like a couple of little monsters one day its not top of my list...

How ever one thing that annoys me is this OO I'm too cool to have fun and mess around with kids and stuff. Its nothing more then macho B/S...

Id rather have fun with kids then be the opposite nothing cool about that.. But what annoys me, most is. Me an my nephew hang out..play i was throng him up in the air as you do in the super market and the check out girl looked at me like I was some sort of weirdo which sorta annoyed me...

But in total I do like children they can be so much fun and funny...
    Just to clarify his trouble making skills will be second to none :cool:

/proud...

In total I don't mind kids....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Fact: Kids are parasites. They stop being parasites when they become parents. Then it's their turn to be the hosts. Ha!

I say the above as a father of two :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Fact: Kids are parasites. They stop being parasites when they become parents. Then it's their turn to be the hosts. Ha!

I say the above as a father of two :)

Really living up to your username !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Nothing wrong with it for a guy to feel like that. I'd be only too happy for a lad to like to have kids some day but not right now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

We were all children once, we all know what it was like to be a child, no harm embracing wanting to have kids with someone to share with by having children with. Its not unusual for a guy to feel broody and paternal. Some people feel like that others don't, everyone is different.

Advertisement