Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best scones (cafe etc) in Cork city?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭sporina

Faith wrote: »
    That's the sign of a really bad scone, IMO. I get that with mass-produced scones.

nah as far as i can tell, all white scones taste tart - probably due to baking powder as i think most use it to make them rise.

Brown scones on the other hand do not leave my mouth feeling like the Sahara.. and I particularly LOVE the scones from Herlihy's Centra stores - grand parade and OP street. Savage.. crusty on the outside and fluffy in the middle.. hmm my mouth is watering now actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Thought the Fellini scones were a bit disappointing,nice but were missing the "it".
    Got some scones in the Spar in Douglas St,they look promising :p

Sorry to hear about that! The time I had them they were being delivered just as I was making up my mind what to have at the counter and they were great. How about a BYOS? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I tried the Farm Gate in Midleton yesterday, very nice scones. Better than the one in the English Market.

I think scones are highly subjective though, and fruit scones are the work of the devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭nolo1

It's not really city but if you travel out to Margaret Griffin's Garden Centre in Dripsey you will get the nicest lightest scones - plain or fruit scones. I usually steer clear of scones when eating out because they are nearly always heavy & stodgy but these are really light & airy. My only complaint is that they could be a little bit bigger!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Gala across from City hall.
    Their scones are the bomb !

• Advertisement
Advertisement