Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: Work/Study permit accepted (IEC)

Options
  • 27-05-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey All.

Got my email on friday saying that i now have a year to enter canada, i was wondering if anyone has failed to get their LOI at this stage? seems weird for them to grant me a work permit and what not but then not let me in?

Just wondered what the time delay would be on receiving the permit email and loi?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

JayBakerUK wrote: »
    Hey All.

Got my email on friday saying that i now have a year to enter canada, i was wondering if anyone has failed to get their LOI at this stage? seems weird for them to grant me a work permit and what not but then not let me in?

Just wondered what the time delay would be on receiving the permit email and loi?

Did you get an e-mail with a form called IMM5665 attached? If that is the case you were not rejected, you have got your LOI. It just means you now have a year to activate it. If you got it on the 26th of May, you can enter Canada anytime to activate the visa until the 25th of May 2013. Once you have activated it you can then spend a year in Canada from that date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

yup, sounds to me like you've gotten your LOI

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JayBakerUK

Well they dont seem to welcome me very well haha.. the email states

Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved.
    Your study or work permit will be issued to you upon arrival in Canada, subject to your compliance with the
    requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations. It will allow you to study or
    work in Canada for a temporary period only. Read the terms and conditions carefully.

You must enter Canada no later than the validity noted above. If you have been issued a visa, you must also
    enter no later than the visa validity date.
    This letter is not a passport or travel identification, and it is not a legal authorization permitting you to enter or
    remain in Canada.

I am assuming id need the LOI at the border to get in or will this cover it?

Eutow wrote: »
    Did you get an e-mail with a form called IMM5665 attached? If that is the case you were not rejected, you have got your LOI. It just means you now have a year to activate it. If you got it on the 26th of May, you can enter Canada anytime to activate the visa until the 25th of May 2013. Once you have activated it you can then spend a year in Canada from that date.

yeah the pdf is labelled IMM5665

WOOO!!

So, am i in? just got to wait and see if im friend gets in now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

Hhahahahaha, yea you're in.

• Advertisement

Exciting, so when I arrive at the port of canada what should i take with me?

I might just print off everything they have ever sent me confirming stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

JayBakerUK wrote: »

Exciting, so when I arrive at the port of canada what should i take with me?

I might just print off everything they have ever sent me confirming stuff.

You can never have to little paper. Put it all In a folder and put it in your bag! I've 1 with photocopies of everything, passports, birthcerts, liscences, qualifications ect.

Comes in handy when setting things up in new countries.

Also when you whip out a folder with usefull documents it at least makes you look organized crossing the border. ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Escapees

My partner and I got our letters of introduction this week - but I just noticed that one has a permit validity of 6 months and the other 9 months! Is this normal? We applied at the same time...

Starting to freak out now, I presume this is the amount of time we have to activate our work permits, not a deadline that they will expire on?!

Advertisement