Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Additional Canadian visas?

Options
  • 27-05-2012 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

New to this and hoping someone can help me with the following query. I decided quite recently to apply for a Canadian visa...sent off for my garda cert from here and the UK as I live there for a couple of years. I'm still waiting on both of those certs but should have them any day now. I now realise that I'll miss the deadline as according to the IEC website they'll only accept applications posted tomorrow and since I dont have the garda certs I can't post my application. Extremely gutted as now it looks as if I'll have to wait for the 2013 programme. So finally I get to my question...is there any hope that they'll release any additional visas or is it officially closed once they say it is? I just thought someone who had previous experience might know. Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

molly55 wrote: »
    New to this and hoping someone can help me with the following query. I decided quite recently to apply for a Canadian visa...sent off for my garda cert from here and the UK as I live there for a couple of years. I'm still waiting on both of those certs but should have them any day now. I now realise that I'll miss the deadline as according to the IEC website they'll only accept applications posted tomorrow and since I dont have the garda certs I can't post my application. Extremely gutted as now it looks as if I'll have to wait for the 2013 programme. So finally I get to my question...is there any hope that they'll release any additional visas or is it officially closed once they say it is? I just thought someone who had previous experience might know. Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light.

If they do increase the quota it would be a first. I doubt they will because they are clearly overworked as it is due to the delays in processing times. Also why would they give preferential treatment to the Irish. I think your outa luck for this year m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

Exactly. Its not going to happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Exactly. Its not going to happen

In 2010 we got visas after being on a waiting list after a further batch were released. They were different times though. There wasnt half the interest that there was this time. At least you have a chance to save up some extra cash for next year.

Advertisement