Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've unlocked my Meteor 3g modem, how can I use it with my Three sim card?

Options
  • 27-05-2012 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

So I got some software off the net for unlocking the Huawei E180 modem that I had lying around that was on the Meteor network, and I want to use it with my Laptop and Tablet seeing as I have all-you-can-eat data with three, but I'm not sure how to connect to the 3 network. A program called "mobile partner" self-installed once I unlocked the modem (I think its a Huawei program) and it did connect me, but to a network called "BSNL". In fact the only network I recognised in the drop-down box was vodafone. I promptly disconected because I thought I might be getting charged roaming prices - anybody know how to get the 3 software? I tried they're support pages but couldn't find it anywhere.

Comments

You'll have to manually add the connection settings for 3 into Mobile Partner. I think the APN is 3internet but I'm not 100% sure of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Karsini wrote: »
    You'll have to manually add the connection settings for 3 into Mobile Partner. I think the APN is 3internet but I'm not 100% sure of this.

Lost you there mate, APN? Im not familiar with mobile partner at all - is there a function that lets me manually input my network details?

kingaaa wrote: »
    Lost you there mate, APN? Im not familiar with mobile partner at all - is there a function that lets me manually input my network details?

I'm not sure of the layout of it myself but there should be something in there to manually enter the configuration settings.

Karsini wrote: »
    I'm not sure of the layout of it myself but there should be something in there to manually enter the configuration settings.

ok, thanks for your help - iit will start me off, I'll check out mobile partner and see if I can sort something out

Success! got it done, quite handy actually - found the APN and access number on another thread. I'm connected at the moment with decent speeds! thats the laptop sorted - how does it work on an Android tablet though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,360 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

kingaaa wrote: »
    Success! got it done, quite handy actually - found the APN and access number on another thread. I'm connected at the moment with decent speeds! thats the laptop sorted - how does it work on an Android tablet though?

The dongle when in your laptop (guessing its not self powered) should create a mini wifi network for you to connect. THe details for that will be in your original starter pack.

Advertisement