Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resistance burning skies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

Any idea how big the PSN version will be and release time this fri. Been looking forward to this game for ages. Trophy list looks pretty easy too, no Superhuman playthrough trophy or no Journal collecting apparently. http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/playstation-trophy-news/16311-resistance-burning-skies-trophy-list.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Do they not come out earlier on PSN? Unit 13 came out on the wednesday before the boxed copy came out on the Friday if I recall.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Do they not come out earlier on PSN? Unit 13 came out on the wednesday before the boxed copy came out on the Friday if I recall.
    Yeah I thought that too, isnt it when the PS Store updates.

Yep. First reviews are up,

This is an epic game and is a lot better than I was expecting. While Resistance Burning Skies has some small glitches that can be fixed in future firmware updates, they do not detract from the overall experience. I am a big Resistance fan and Burning Skies has reassured me that Resistance is one of the world's best first-person shooter series. Whether you are new to or familiar with the Resistance franchise, you will be in for a treat as this is one the PS Vita's essential purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Mortal Kombat didn't come out until the Friday so it can occur both ways.

According to the Wiki page, North America get it tomorrow and Europe get it on Friday.

• Advertisement

Well there we go ;) surprised at the lack of reviews, its out tomorrow in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

PSLifestyle gave it 8.5/10

Little help for the Work Filter-ly Challenged?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Ign gave it a 5.5 out of 10:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Otacon wrote: »
    Little help for the Work Filter-ly Challenged?

They gave it 2 out of 10 but it was Jim attention seeking Sterling that reviewed it so i would put little or no trust in that review.

Edit : He was way too harsh trying t be controversial but this is far from a great game, it is pretty buggy, no story so far worth talking about. More like to Retribution than R1 or R3. Touch controls would be great if I had three thumbs, but it is quite difficult to move aim and tap the screen without ending up just standing still getting shot.
    The opening is weird, you are on your way to a normal fire, then within the first 20 seconds your buddy is killed by a big alien you pick up a gun and just go "oh" as if this is a perfectly normal day in the fire department. I was expecting him to at least say what is going on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

GameTrailers gave it 8.1 which is a good score.

Resistance Burning Skies Special Edition €45 from the PS store, 2976 mb download. I think i should ring in sick and tell them I have the Chimera Virus :D

Can't believe the size of that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Special Edition?

Oh its the one that comes with some free backgrounds and stuff I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Really liking this game so far.

beercr8te wrote: »
    Really liking this game so far.
    Multiplayer seem ok too!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Multiplayer seems good. Hard to get matches going.

Just me, or is this really short? Or feels like it anyway. I'm already on the third level.

• Advertisement

beercr8te wrote: »
    Multiplayer seems good. Hard to get matches going.
    Haven't been able to play online again since the first day :(

Just me, or is this really short? Or feels like it anyway. I'm already on the third level.
    Yeah it does seem short just finished level 3 no major obstacles so far, it will get harder i'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Is it worth the €45 price tag?

40.49 in smyths :rolleyes: my NAT is type 3, so I haven't got online at all :mad:

40.49 in smyths :rolleyes: my NAT is type 3, so I haven't got online at all :mad:
    Very Easy Platinum about 8 hours gameplay on Normal an you could play on casual and get all the trophies. I have still only got to play online twice since i bought it this game a big let down. Why did I buy the download version :mad: memory card is nearly full too.

This game feels short. Which isn't a good feeling. Its not bad, the gameplay is fluid, shooting is fun, blah blah. But I dunno, for over 40 euro, don't feel like I got my moneys worth.

I also got resistance burning skies for the vita, not sure what I'm after for it, un used network pass since I can't get my NAT settings right to go online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I also got resistance burning skies for the vita, not sure what I'm after for it, un used network pass since I can't get my NAT settings right to go online.
    This game feels short. Which isn't a good feeling. Its not bad, the gameplay is fluid, shooting is fun, blah blah. But I dunno, for over 40 euro, don't feel like I got my moneys worth.

Cloud have you just got the game or have you rebuyed the game like you do with your 3DS and PS3 a lot in the last year ?

By the sounds of that post you got the game today for the 1st time and not anytime before

Cloud have you just got the game or have you rebuyed the game like you do with your 3DS and PS3 a lot in the last year ?

By the sounds of that post you got the game today for the 1st time and not anytime before

Think he meant to post that in the Swapping Games thread.

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    Think he meant to post that in the Swapping Games thread.

That's the one :o I'm one trophy away from the platinum still.

Advertisement