Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desperate for a Job

• 27-05-2012 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am 19th year old student living in the Kilkenny area finished college for the summer looking for work. Looking for work as a shop assistant/Waitress/bar woman anything really..? I don't have much experience though.. but I need a job to gain that. I am just wondering if anyone knows if there is any job vacancies in Kilkenny? :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Ming Court on John Street is currently looking for part time staff at the moment.

Also, Foodworks is opening on Parliament Street, might be worth dropping them a line to see if they're looking for more staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I don't have much experience though..
    I recommend you lie and say you have experience. It's not hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

The only experience you need, is to be able to say "ya alright";)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

Friendly greeting with a smile can work wonders

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sice

Alot of the pubs in town will be looking for staff this weekend, even if its just collecting glasses it'll get your foot in the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

Not aware of anything going, but you might want to have a read of this article for some advice - http://blogs.hbr.org/hbr/hbr-now/2009/08/how-to-get-a-job-without-exper.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

today i noticed a sign in the sweet shop(the one opposite xtra vision) in rose inn street looking for someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

today i noticed a sign in the sweet shop(the one opposite xtra vision) in rose inn street looking for someone.

Jobs a job, but the hours in there are random to put it mildly. 5 or 6 one week, then 30 or 40, then none. Usually all the crap the manager/owner doesn't want to do. He is fairly clueless too by all accounts, well ok, one account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

accommodation assistant jobs going in lyrath on jobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Userer

Thanks for all your help guys, I have handed in many CVs today. I didn't see that sign on the shop today, I must not have being properly looking but I will let ye know if I get anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Threadhead wrote: »
    Also, Foodworks is opening on Parliament Street, might be worth dropping them a line to see if they're looking for more staff.

Is that the same FoodWorks on Gas Works Lane? If so, are they moving or opening a second place?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

jprboy wrote: »
    Is that the same FoodWorks on Gas Works Lane? If so, are they moving or opening a second place?

Same one, they are moving.

Advertisement