Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phonewatch - replacing windows

• 27-05-2012 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

We're getting the windows replaced in the next few months. Given that we have phonewatch wireless sensors on the windows, is it as simple as
    1) turn off alarm
    2) remove sensors from windows
    3) let the builders demolish the place
    4) when the windows are back in just re-attach the sensors
    5) get eircom out for their annual maintenance and get them to make sure everything is working

Or am I missing something like the sensors can only be attached once and are destroyed when removed due to some anti-tamper or something ?

z

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭altor

zagmund wrote: »
    We're getting the windows replaced in the next few months. Given that we have phonewatch wireless sensors on the windows, is it as simple as
    1) turn off alarm
    2) remove sensors from windows
    3) let the builders demolish the place
    4) when the windows are back in just re-attach the sensors
    5) get eircom out for their annual maintenance and get them to make sure everything is working

Or am I missing something like the sensors can only be attached once and are destroyed when removed due to some anti-tamper or something ?

z

As it is a monitored alarm P.W might insist on replacing them themselves. The sensors are easily removed from the windows and put back on. If you do it yourself just make sure you have the system on test. Also, put a sticker on them so you know what goes where ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Which system is it?
    Simon .. Male voice no screen . Doors + windows button .
    Simon XT . Female voice . Blue screen . Doors+ windows button

Which system is it?

Simon XT.

altor wrote: »
    Which system is it?

Simon XT.
    How did you get that ????? Genius !
    so no dropping the lid and then taking the sensors off???

How did you get that ????? Genius !
    so no dropping the lid and then taking the sensors off???

No, but you can go into your user menu to do the same ;)

• Advertisement

Ermm I knew that !? :( haha

Ermm I knew that !? :( haha

Every day is a learning day Thunderbird2 :D

Haha ... May salvage one and have a mess about with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Thanks for the replies. Sorry, I have this thread subscribed, but I mustn't have come back to it while logged in so I didn't get the updates.

Correct - Simon XT. Altor, you have some memory. That must have been 12-18 months ago that you saw it. Once.

Thanks again for the replies.

z

zagmund wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. Sorry, I have this thread subscribed, but I mustn't have come back to it while logged in so I didn't get the updates.

Correct - Simon XT. Altor, you have some memory. That must have been 12-18 months ago that you saw it. Once.

Thanks again for the replies.

z

Your welcome, It has being a good while, hard to believe that long :D
    Any other problems let us know.

• Advertisement

Is the euro simon xt a 2 way system? Does it work on 868 mhz , 433.92mhz, 319mhz or the other 868 point someting??

Is the euro simon xt a 2 way system? Does it work on 868 mhz , 433.92mhz, 319mhz or the other 868 point someting??

Afraid not, only one way. The sensors are 868mhz.

Advertisement