Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need a home

• 27-05-2012 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello there, I am getting on a bit, 30 something. It is time i buy a house. But does anyone know how long it takes from when you apply for a mortgage to when you move in. Does it take weeks, months, or years?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 BeautyFromPain

weeks to months, completely depends on the person, and various different factors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

leggo wrote: »
    <video>

I used to love that!

"I'm in the wrong ad.."

=P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Have a few kids and apply for a council house.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Bit of a downturn in the economy, not sure right now is the best time to buy but then again, nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

You can come and live in my playboy mansion for free if you like.

You might only have two posts but I like what you've said so far and I just have this inkling feeling that we're going to become the best of friends... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Nov Rain wrote: »
    Hello there, I am getting on a bit, 30 something. It is time i buy a house. But does anyone know how long it takes from when you apply for a mortgage to when you move in. Does it take weeks, months, or years?[/QUOTE]
    heh heh, heh heh heh, heh heh he hee heee haw. Mortgages, sure they went out with the cat. Bill Gates applied for one last week on a 3 bed in Tallaght and the bank told him he would need more collateral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Hello there, I am getting on a bit, 30 something. It is time i buy a house. But does anyone know how long it takes from when you apply for a mortgage to when you move in. Does it take weeks, months, or years?

Just rent ffs. Just because your parents and friends tell you 'renting is dead money' doesn't make it true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

But does anyone know how long it takes from when you apply for a mortgage to when you move in. Does it take weeks, months, or years?

It takes a day. Buy yourself something nice and a second home in Bulgaria while you're at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

It will never happen Bank hate giving money out now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Confab wrote: »
    Just rent ffs. Just because your parents and friends tell you 'renting is dead money' doesn't make it true.

Or, buy a house if it makes sense to do so.

Either or is good OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

It takes fifteen weeks. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Pottler wrote: »
    Hello there, I am getting on a bit, 30 something. It is time i buy a house. But does anyone know how long it takes from when you apply for a mortgage to when you move in. Does it take weeks, months, or years?[/QUOTE]
    heh heh, heh heh heh, heh heh he hee heee haw. Mortgages, sure they went out with the cat. Bill Gates applied for one last week on a 3 bed in Tallaght and the bank told him he would need more collateral.

It sounds like the script for an RTE comedy.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

It depends whether you give the mortgage or not. Application does not mean grant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This is the forum you need OP/Nov Rain
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=38

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement