Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current best value Android Huawei Ascend G300

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

keredern wrote: »
    Three to Three only but all free at weekends...midnight Fri to Midnight Sun I think!

Yeah, sorry, should have added that.

Re: Coverage, I live in a rural area and they re no worse or better then when I was on Voda and Meteor. In urban areas, their coverage for data is fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

are there wi-fi issues with this phone
    it seems to stop start on 2 networks?

i've only done the vf ics upgrade

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Is anyone successfully using their unlocked Huawei on the o2 network? I have followed the instructions for adding a new APN but no joy.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

twirlagig wrote: »
    Is anyone successfully using their unlocked Huawei on the o2 network? I have followed the instructions for adding a new APN but no joy.... :(

Yep, I am.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Yep, I am.
    Lucky you! :) I can't figure out what the problem is. I've entered the details exactly as they were listed on O2 site .... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I had no problems on O2 either. I used Tweakker on the play store to get the APN though.

BostonB wrote: »
    I had no problems on O2 either. I used Tweakker on the play store to get the APN though.
    Thanks Boston, I installed Tweakker and now everything seems to be fine! :)

Now that it's up and running, I love it! Just have to get a case for it now. My friend has the black flip case that she got from the vodafone site. Looks nice but I'd say it'd be uncomfortable on your hands if you were using the phone for long periods. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Just have to get a case for it now. My friend has the black flip case that she got from the vodafone site. Looks nice but I'd say it'd be uncomfortable on your hands if you were using the phone for long periods. Any recommendations?

I got one here
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130786592399

It doesn't have a screen cover but I find it good. Its slim & also there's a nice grip on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I like the Voda flip case. It offers a lot of protection & I find it comfortable to hold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Robbie71

with ICS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Can somebody confirm if these (g330) are dual sim or not ????? I've seen differing reports and the shop was too busy when I was in yesterday to get a look at one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

calex71 wrote: »
    Can somebody confirm if these are dual sim or not ????? I've seen differing reports and the shop was too busy when I was in yesterday to get a look at one.
    huawei g300 definitely not dual sim.specs all over the web make this clear.

TM wrote: »
    huawei g300 definitely not dual sim.specs all over the web make this clear.

Sorry edited to make clear i was asking about the 330

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

calex71 wrote: »
    Sorry edited to make clear i was asking about the 330

Quote from GSMarena
    I have one, I bought it in China about 2 months ago. Just INCREDIBLE for the price - great camera, fast, attractive (everyone comments on how expensive it looks), durable (already dropped it twice, no problems at all), well built and a GREAT BARGAIN. Oh.....and it's a DUAL SIM CARD phone as well.......I can have my mainland China SIM and my Hong Kong SIM in there at the same time! I'm so glad I bought this phone, I will be a Huawei customer for a long time!

They are probably talking about a version they get in India or something where they have a lot of dual sim phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

BostonB wrote: »
    They are probably talking about a version they get in India or something where they have a lot of dual sim phones.

Must be, I got one from meteor last week and it's only single sim

There was a bit of a clue in the comment...
    ...mainland China SIM and my Hong Kong SIM...

2 seconds with Google.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Huawei-Ascend-G330-U8825G-Dual-core-Processor-Android-4-0-ICS-Russion-Portuguese-1-0G-cpu/613593362.html

0066ad wrote: »
    Must be, I got one from meteor last week and it's only single sim

Ah good to know thanks, as I said specs and comments on different sites I looked at mentoned it was in some places and not in others, so only way to know for sure was to ask someone who'd got one from one of our networks. Thanks a bunch, I'll pass the info on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Just bought this from Vodafone for the missus (she's with Meteor), is there anywhere recommended where I can have it unlocked and/or Vodafone unbranded.

I have to say it's a lovely little phone, well worth the asking price.

• Advertisement

Just bought this from Vodafone for the missus (she's with Meteor), is there anywhere recommended where I can have it unlock and/or Vodafone unbranded.

I used this from ebay, was posted a few pages back, worked perfectly!
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251050783250&clk_rvr_id=347361189525#ht_2431wt_1185

Great little phone is right, I love it - hope your missus does too.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

I used this from ebay, was posted a few pages back, worked perfectly!
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251050783250&clk_rvr_id=347361189525#ht_2431wt_1185

Great little phone is right, I love it - hope your missus does too.:)

Agreed go for that you'll have the unlock code in a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fallaci

pbarr wrote: »
    Agreed go for that you'll have the unlock code in a day or two.

And to have it unbranded I followed step by step guide from here:
    http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/
    worked perfectly :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Has anyone upgrade to ROM B552?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Has anyone upgrade to ROM B552?
    The latest version of Infusion is based on it. Can't say I've noticed a huge amount of difference, but that's probably due to Infusion's customisations. It still switches default storage on reboot and there's still no hardware GUI acceleration. I don't know why Huawei bother to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i just unlocked my g300 andput my 3pay sim into it

it's showing up as 3 and calls are working but i've no data connection ??

i have mobile data enabled in settings

do i have to enter some settings manually?
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

M cebee wrote: »
    i just unlocked my g300 andput my 3pay sim into it

it's showing up as 3 and calls are working but i've no data connection ??

i have mobile data enabled in settings

do i have to enter some settings manually?
    thanks

Download tweakker from the play store, it should sort the apn settings
    for you.

Just bought this from Vodafone for the missus (she's with Meteor), is there anywhere recommended where I can have it unlocked and/or Vodafone unbranded.

I used korter_gsm on ebay also for a few Huawei unlocks and worked fine. But you can unlock the G300 for free if you want.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/358599-how-to-free-sim-unlock-your-g300/

• Advertisement

Adyx wrote: »
    The latest version of Infusion is based on it. Can't say I've noticed a huge amount of difference, but that's probably due to Infusion's customisations. It still switches default storage on reboot and there's still no hardware GUI acceleration. I don't know why Huawei bother to be honest.
    Particularly re hardware acceleration I believe that CM9.1 has it and it's looking a lot more stable and fully featured these days and maybe giving Infusion a good run for it's money (i.e. €0 :D).

http://www.modaco.com/topic/359115-ics-cm9-404-cyanogenmod-91-for-the-huawei-ascend-g300-rom-last-updated-0112/

Advertisement