Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Refused entry so throws a petrol bomb

• 28-05-2012 12:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭

Hearing shocking reports this evening that in a pub/nightclub in Monaghan a man (reportedly in his 60s) was refused entry so then threw a petrol bomb in and one of the barmaids is now in a critical condition in hospital.

WTF!

Shocking stuff. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Witchie wrote: »
    Hearing shocking reports this evening that in a pub/nightclub in Monaghan a man (reportedly in his 60s) was refused entry so then threw a petrol bomb in and one of the barmaids is now in a critical condition in hospital.

WTF!

Shocking Crispy stuff. :mad:
    FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Pushtrak wrote: »
    FYP.

Hilarious, oh this is after hours so I can make a sick joke about some poor person nearly being burned to death. Pathetic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

lunatic should be locked up key thrown away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

FYP.

dont be a d*ck someone just goin about their job could have been seriously injured for life and you throw out a sh*tty joke that is in no way funny:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

FYP.

Fool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

It was an ill-advised 'FYP' - but go easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

paths get crossed.. things get thrown but a petrol bomb?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

My next door neighbors parents from home was standing beside her. Her dad got some ash in his eyes and his mother had to put her out...

It's not shocking, but still v.sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

qwerty93 wrote: »
    dont be a d*ck someone just goin about their job could have been seriously injured for life and you throw out a sh*tty joke that is in no way funny:mad:

Ah come on this is after hours the joke was just a bit of fun, not as if he throw the bloody bomb. If something like that happened to me do you think I would give two sh!ts if people were joking online.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Humans eh!

WTF!

Any links? Haven't seen it anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Got a link to it? Had a quick look on RTE website, couldn't find one.

Hope the guy goes down for a long time for what he did.
    Although knowing Irish law he'll get off early because he was drunk or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

When I post something, it is intended to have two meanings. Crispy, as in the guy who did this is crispy in the brain. A psycho. Perhaps that meaning wasn't grasped by some. Or perhaps it was, but didn't lessen the distaste you took from it. Can't do much about either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

When I post something, it is intended to have two meanings. Crispy, as in the guy who did this is crispy in the brain. A psycho. Perhaps that meaning wasn't grasped by some. Or perhaps it was, but didn't lessen the distaste you took from it. Can't do much about either.

Ha.. bolloxs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

I can't find anything on any of the news sites about this.

However I had a look on twitter and there are some recent tweets about a fire/petrol bombing of a pub called Master Deery's, so there may be some truth in the Op's story.

This would be the place: http://www.masterdeerys.com/contact.html

deisedave wrote: »
    Ah come on this is after hours the joke was just a bit of fun, not as if he throw the bloody bomb. If something like that happened to me do you think I would give two sh!ts if people were joking online.

Maybe you wouldn't care due to the fact you were in severe pain with horrific burns that some brave soul behind a laptop can laugh at you, ffs have a bit of respect in fairness, that could easily be your daughter or someone you knows daughter out trying to throw a bit of money together for a car or college and this happens..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I dont have a link and it doesnt seem to have hit the headlines yet. Its all that people have been talking about on fb this past hour or so. Not sure what time it happened at.

@hattoncracker your neighbours parents will probably be very shook up from that too. I cant imagine how terrifying it was. :-(

Maybe you wouldn't care due to the fact you were in severe pain with horrific burns that some brave soul behind a laptop can laugh at you, ffs have a bit of respect in fairness, that could easily be your daughter or someone you knows daughter out trying to throw a bit of money together for a car or college and this happens..

Yes but if I thought like that about every bad incident I would go mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Worst back pedalling attempt ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

that some brave soul behind a laptop can laugh at you,.

They may have been conducting the devils work from a smartphone or PC, in fairness.

deisedave wrote: »
    Yes but if I thought like that about every bad incident I would go mad.

well I would too in fairness, I suppose the fact that I have so many close friends working in bars it just hits home....all the same I think some feel that jokes that arent even funny are being made just becaus its AH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Brendan Grace would hand the pin to one door bouncer and the grenade to the other bouncer when he was refused entry to a nightclub.

well I would too in fairness, I suppose the fact that I have so many close friends working in bars it just hits home....all the same I think some feel that jokes that arent even funny are being made just becaus its AH

I am sure there will be a thread about this incident in the Monaghan forum where no jokes will be made if you do not want to hear jokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

housetypeb wrote: »
    Brendan Grace would hand the pin to one door bouncer and the grenade to the other bouncer when he was refused entry to a nightclub.

he did well in the golf today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭SMASH THE UNIONS

Petrol bomb, eh? Sounds like something a Shinner would do...
    I believe Monaghan has a strong Republican presence. They haven't gone away you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

FYP.

PPffftttttt hahaha .... Brave reply.

The same holier than thou, butthurt posters here chastising you, have probably laughed at holocaust jokes and the likes. Let them have their whinge. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Barmaid repelled the fire with her super powers
    http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3650/3472489536_4737e6d05c_z.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Blew fire back to guy throwing it,
    burning his hands off
    http://static.flickr.com/140/367348694_11d66bbf23.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Throwing away keys is something one will regret. The feeling of release from throwing away a key is nothing to the feeling afterwards that, sh1t, I'm gonna need that key after all.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Petrol bomb, eh? Sounds like something a Shinner would do...
    I believe Monaghan has a strong Republican presence. They haven't gone away you know.

Ha Ha. What is this Edwardian England?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

WTF!

Witchie, you have not posted a link to verify this story so I am closing the thread.
    I suggest when you can provide a link you post it in the Monaghan. forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement