Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come Dine With Me Ireland - Season 2 - Cavan/Monaghan

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

Jesus Colette and Tony are some pair

Miserable aul sods

• Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Collette eating reminds me a lot of that scene in Absolutely Fabulous when Patsy shocked everyone by eating a sliver of turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

This is like a wake.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

i would not say no to that cheesecake at the minute:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Colette gave Taine a 9... :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Looking forward to tomorrow............that Patrick is some sleazy thing......so funny...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    Colette gave Taine a 9... :O

Yeah strange that.

Pauline is the best character on CDWM in years..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

If Come Dine With Me Ireland has taught us anything it's that the country's handing out PhDs with boxes of cornflakes these days. God help us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭pennypocket

Really enjoying this week's CDWM. Patrick is so pervy it is hilarious. Pauline's accent is like chalk on on a blackboard. Colette: try it, it won't kill you. Tony, read a book now and again, appreciate art, it would help in your self-definition as an 'academic'. Taine, I have no criticisms, just feel sorry for you for having to put up with the other four's bull****, your food looked delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Pantsface wrote: »
    Jesus Colette and Tony are some pair

Miserable aul sods

I thought Tony came across a lot better tonight - I liked the way he spoke about Pauline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 merlotmummy

thoroughly enjoyin the show.
    Pauline is so natural, best fun in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

It's getting funnier as the week goes on. Pauline's reaction to breastfeeding in church was funny. Patrick's funny too.

Taine seems lovely.

DenMan wrote: »
    What the hell! Tony gives her a pic of himself. Cringe-worthy!

you will also see if you were to look closely her holding a tin of tomato soup with the picture...

on wednesday night I said to her would you rather have modern art in your house or a picture of your family, because i would prefer family any day

so i gave her the picture of me and my niece and said, that i thought was the greatest piece of art i had ever seen created but that if taine didnt agree she cud have the tin of tomato soup... as per andy warhol.

thats the full story, i mean it was also just a gag linked to me being really cocky, no harm but if any thinks that is genuine, they have seriously no cop on.

just out of interest tony, why would ya sign up for this?

For the craic? you don't seem to be enjoying it!! I guess you were hoping for a younger crowd.

For the publicity? The ol' any publicity is good publicity?!

Or just for the experience?

It's clear as day they edit everyone to be as bad as possible. Have to say it's been a funny week though. Plenty of lols!

firstly i love the show, watch it all the time, thats why i signed up. I dont need publicity for anything, like pauline i was just in it for the experience, the other 3 do have business to be made out of tv exposure.

the week itself, best craic ever, you are having the craic with all the cameramen researchers, etc and you get to know them over the week too.

Im delighted to have done it, and on the whole, the response has been ridiculously positive. I just dont understand people who think its real though, or dont understand that im taking the piss. them auld internet trolls and keyboard warriors shud not be attempted reasoned with....

someone today on twitter called me a homo and a nerd... like come on, its 2012 since when shud either of these things be used as an insult... its the standard of ****e your dealing with though...

just for example, me telling pauline on wednesday night that i actually think fair play to jedward and im winding her up, cut. me giving taine the tin on soup tonight, apologising and explain that i am actually a fan of warhol cut....

people saying they are handing phds out of cornflakes boxes but not having the cop on to realise this is 18hrs of footage made into 22 minutes... its not real, i do read, i love art... im talking the bloody piss and trying to wind people up. god help me

when it came down to it, about the real things like a persons feelings, i do the right thing, i knew colette was upsetting taine so i stood up for her.

and the director really really wanted me to say pauline was simple, but i said the truth, which is thankfully wat they showed tonight.

im human, of course ridiculous insults will get to me, but i didnt expect it on boards, generally a more astute bunch on here.

Really enjoying this week's CDWM. Patrick is so pervy it is hilarious. Pauline's accent is like chalk on on a blackboard. Colette: try it, it won't kill you. Tony, read a book now and again, appreciate art, it would help in your self-definition as an 'academic'. Taine, I have no criticisms, just feel sorry for you for having to put up with the other four's bull****, your food looked delicious!

what bull****, asking if my food was fried? or standing up for her rentlessy during the main course, or eating two of her deserts?

I read... a lot... a like art... pennypocket what u see on tv is not a true representation of what i said, did or intended to mean... its edited to make the best tv possible

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭roro1neil0

you should go on bigbrother next tony you'd give nasty nick a run for his money

what bull****, asking if my food was fried? or standing up for her rentlessy during the main course, or eating two of her deserts?

I read... a lot... a like art... pennypocket what u see on tv is not a true representation of what i said, did or intended to mean... its edited to make the best tv possible

Fair enough Tony. If it's worth anything, I'm aware of what selective editing can do, and in any case, it looked like a lot of fun to participate in. It's not meant to be taken seriously;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

We get your point tony of 18 hours edited into 22 mins, but you must understand we only see the 22 mins, and comment on the 22 mins. I accept you are winding them up, but that is what we see, thus we can only comment on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,260 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

firstly i love the show, watch it all the time, thats why i signed up. I dont need publicity for anything, like pauline i was just in it for the experience, the other 3 do have business to be made out of tv exposure.

the week itself, best craic ever, you are having the craic with all the cameramen researchers, etc and you get to know them over the week too.

Im delighted to have done it, and on the whole, the response has been ridiculously positive. I just dont understand people who think its real though, or dont understand that im taking the piss. them auld internet trolls and keyboard warriors shud not be attempted reasoned with....

someone today on twitter called me a homo and a nerd... like come on, its 2012 since when shud either of these things be used as an insult... its the standard of ****e your dealing with though...

just for example, me telling pauline on wednesday night that i actually think fair play to jedward and im winding her up, cut. me giving taine the tin on soup tonight, apologising and explain that i am actually a fan of warhol cut....

people saying they are handing phds out of cornflakes boxes but not having the cop on to realise this is 18hrs of footage made into 22 minutes... its not real, i do read, i love art... im talking the bloody piss and trying to wind people up. god help me

when it came down to it, about the real things like a persons feelings, i do the right thing, i knew colette was upsetting taine so i stood up for her.

and the director really really wanted me to say pauline was simple, but i said the truth, which is thankfully wat they showed tonight.

im human, of course ridiculous insults will get to me, but i didnt expect it on boards, generally a more astute bunch on here.

Fair play to you for going on the show and coming on here also (boardies can be vicious :p) as the week goes on you are coming across much better as are all the contestants tbf

I love the show but wouldnt dare go on it myself

BTW do ye meet Dave Lamb?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

It's the piss taking on the show that makes it funny. Fair play to anyone going on the show knowing that they'll be edited to look a certain way.

It the another Irish one on next week?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Good on ya man, I thought you came across very well last night anyway. Enjoyed this week more than most, a great mix of characters. As for the editing, yeah they do it pretty well in fairness, all about the entertainment. Great music choices and mr lamb has been on fire this week!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Fair play to you for going on the show and coming on here also (boardies can ne vicious :p) as the week goes on you are coming across much better as are all the contestants tbf

I love the show but wouldnt dare go on it myself

BTW do ye meet Dave Lamb?

Actually none of the DEs we worked with over the week (director/editor) had even met dave lamb, when the final cut is produced, he walks into the studio, is given a script and he reads it, he doesnt write the gags

BUT if you ask me, comdedy is all in the delivery and i think he is why the show has remained a success

deisemum wrote: »
    It's the piss taking on the show that makes it funny. Fair play to anyone going on the show knowing that they'll be edited to look a certain way.

It the another Irish one on next week?

kerry next week.... im going trolling like **** to get my own back muhahahaha

Don't sweat it Tony, I think you and everyone else came across pretty well. The show is set up to be a piss-take, and you have to be willing to go along with that when you sign up. Everyone who watches CDWM (especially after 26 series on Channel Four) is aware of that. Just thank your lucky stars you're not on Dublin Housewives, now that is a car-crash. :eek:

kerry next week.... im going trolling like **** to get my own back muhahahaha

Ah Tony, that would be just as mean as refusing to eat Taine's fatty duck!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

fair play to you tony, i think the tin of soup went over the head of the viewers maybe the participants also,

but as oscar wilde himself said "all art is quite useless"
    http://oscarwildefanclub.com/all-art-is-quite-useless-oscar-wilde-explains-the-quote/

i remember being an audience member on winning streak and the TV folk do ply you with copious amounts of wine beforehand so that you are nice and jolly for filming

somebody asked earlier about how you get on the show,it looks like yourself, taine and pauline were all applicants whereas patrick and colette were more than likely approached by TV3 to do it.Colette is quoted in newspaper article as never actually seeing the show before. The Oscar wildewebsite linked above has video of patrick doing his oscar wilde gig on their morning show.

fair play to Colette for giving Taine a 9 i didnt expect that, i was quite enjoying the fact that they didnt go nosing about in peoples bedrooms up on till last night, i dont think that adds anything to the show

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Good on ya man, I thought you came across very well last night anyway. Enjoyed this week more than most, a great mix of characters. As for the editing, yeah they do it pretty well in fairness, all about the entertainment. Great music choices and mr lamb has been on fire this week!

I have to agree. Users of Boards can be very critical at times - you're damned if ya do and damned if ya don't with some.

Pauline was the star of the show though. Her endless mentioning of "Marian Monroe" had me in stitches Tuesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

For the record I think you're really funny on the show!

Sure if any of us were filmed for 18 hours in the same situation, we could all come across as bad!

The worst on the show for me is Colette, she's just plain rude about a lot of things and it's common courtesy to at least try the food your host serves you!

2bon2btitq wrote: »
    who are you trying to fool? I know you personally and have met you on several occasions and you are as nasty and arrogant as you are being portrayed on telly. You have are obviously trying to convince people who dont know you, thats what they see is not the real you, when clearly it is.

And lastly why would you set up a thread if you didnt want abuse? You asked for it.

Wow, that is more than a little harsh. Why would you join boards just to say that? There is no way just by appearing on a throwaway TV show that anyone deserves that level of vilification.

• Advertisement

Wow, that is more than a little harsh. Why would you join boards just to say that? There is no way just by appearing on a throwaway TV show that anyone deserves that level of vilification.

Ha. Okay please delete my response to the comment that has just been deleted.

Advertisement