Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come Dine With Me Ireland - Season 2 - Cavan/Monaghan

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

It seems to me that this thread is dominated by MTS's comments and, imo, it is not just about one person. Seem's to be "heading them off at the pass" type of of thing,

It has lost the spontaneity of comments for me so on that note....enjoy Boardies....

:)...x

etcetc wrote: »
    fair play to you tony, i think the tin of soup went over the head of the viewers maybe the participants also,

but as oscar wilde himself said "all art is quite useless"
    http://oscarwildefanclub.com/all-art-is-quite-useless-oscar-wilde-explains-the-quote/

i remember being an audience member on winning streak and the TV folk do ply you with copious amounts of wine beforehand so that you are nice and jolly for filming

somebody asked earlier about how you get on the show,it looks like yourself, taine and pauline were all applicants whereas patrick and colette were more than likely approached by TV3 to do it.Colette is quoted in newspaper article as never actually seeing the show before. The Oscar wildewebsite linked above has video of patrick doing his oscar wilde gig on their morning show.

fair play to Colette for giving Taine a 9 i didnt expect that, i was quite enjoying the fact that they didnt go nosing about in peoples bedrooms up on till last night, i dont think that adds anything to the show

actually we applied online, then an inital phone interview, then after that i went straight to a screen test but patrick had to do 3 more phone interviews, he himself was mad to get on for the exposure

but me and colette went straight through as we were selling ourselves as particular characters they really wanted to see... i.e. cocky young lad and fussy cougar.

defo no plants in the show, i know patrick well i was drinking with him last friday at taines b'day and we are going out on sunday together too, trust me on this one.

The snooping is ****e because its basically amateurs trying to do improv which is really forced... adds nothing

There is a lot more you dont see of me giving colette a bollocking for not eating the food, my point was "my body is a temple" as Táine slagged me, but for one fecking night out of politeness, eat the fecking stuff, and Trust me it was UNREAL. Colette didnt give a nine to be nice, she done it to save face.... i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

@Tony, all that sounds really interesting. And it makes sense, really. When you gave her the picture of yourself I was sitting there wondering why it was you and your niece but now it makes a lot more sense. That's the joy of an editor though, eh!

Random q, but what's your PHD in? I'm nosey. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

Good luck Collette. Pudding again!

That chicken meal was a bit sad looking.

• Advertisement

What *is* semolina or whatever it's called? I googled it and it appears to consist of wheat?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Tony is there anything happening between you and taine? You would make a really nice couple!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    What *is* semolina or whatever it's called? I googled it and it appears to consist of wheat?

It's a kind of sweet rice-looking stuff dipped in a milky creamy sauce.. you just buy it in a can, throw a spoon of sugar on it and eat it! :) It's good comfort food haha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    Basically it is very coarse flour. Cooked with milk and sugar, it can make a stodgy pud that some children like, especially if you stir in some raspberry jam.

Guys, personally one of the best week long run of CDWM ever!! I know people have posted it on here already how much of a legend she is, but i just cant stress how much i loved Pauline. What a character! She was hilarious

talking about colette's dessert ' it tasted like sh-it laak'
    ' ah yack'
    'arthur wilde'
    'marian monroe'
    'i just love abita salmon laaak, i love salmon laak'

god bless her, i'd love to meet her some day to tell her how much of a ledge she is, but lets face it she is probably being bombarded with all these compliments since the show has aired. I am truely jealous of you Tony that you were in her company for 5 days!:) haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭pennypocket

It seems to me that this thread is dominated by MTS's comments and, imo, it is not just about one person. Seem's to be "heading them off at the pass" type of of thing,

It has lost the spontaneity of comments for me so on that note....enjoy Boardies....

Well, I love the show and think that it's great that someone who has appeared on it has joined the commentary to give the inside scoop. Kinda like a Reddit AMA for Boards. You don't need to announce your withdrawal from the conversation. Each to his/her own.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭cleanslate

totally agree, and the fact that MTS actually started the thread shows what a knob he is.... me me me... my thread :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Probably the only CDWM I've seen where every guest is entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

just watched the whole lot of the episoces that i had prerecorded in the sky+ box, enjoyed every minuit, such different characters in the one room, all enjoying one anothers company,
    great bunch and best of all brilliant fun.

Advertisement