Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal length for grass/"weeds"???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Graces7 wrote: »
    Wondering, from another board, if you still have 40 cats?
    Lets not go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Victor wrote: »
    Lets not go there.

;)

deandean wrote: »
    OP, refer to Fingal CoCo's recent policy 'Growing Places'

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/CommunityRecreationandAmenitiesDepartment/Parks/FingalGrowingPlaces/

They cut a border 2 metres wide around any grassy area and give a great spiel as to why they don't cut the rest.

However - TBH - if you are attracting attention from locals and the community warden your garden is probably a right kip.

In the interest of fair debate would you be able to photos a couple of photos here?

Not a constructive or fair comment. Wild life gardens are a beauty but not to everyone's liking. Live and let live. Trying to enforce some kind of conformity like this is appalling. My large garden is wilderness in places and a has a beauty all of its own. It is also productive. Thankfully we live out in the wilds so are free of these petty bourgeois standards that afflict so many uncreative folk.

Your last sentence makes no sense; a wild life all on its own!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

If you saw my quarter acre you would know how I feel, and this is why I live surrounded by fields and fight the landlord/farmer re pesticides etc.

...You can probably tie them up in paperwork for months anyways. And enjoy it!

On what grounds do you 'fight' the neighbouring farmer for spraying pesticide on his crops. You haven't a leg to stand on.
    Oh you can keep them soooo busy with paperwork! And enjoy it!
    Enjoy it all! These people really cannot be taken seriously.
    CW may well be the local busybody.... perfect for the job!

Is this for real?!?
    Incredible... But then in rural areas, many of the new palaces have huge rocks as garden features and growing vegetables and fruit is seen as a retrograde step.

They of course pay for the rocks....

Sure the cw would have stated if there is that kind of legislation; this is the old conform or else brigade.. Do it our way,,,, be like the herd.

They would have a conniption here; I have old tyres as containers up the driveway.... Long live individuality and wild life,,,

As far as I can see locally most people living in these 'new palaces' have a lot of interest in growing vegetables and planting fruit trees. Not merely for economic reasons but to have fresh veg available and as an activity and stimulus for their kids.
    Live and let live. Trying to enforce some kind of conformity like this is appalling. My large garden is wilderness in places and a has a beauty all of its own. It is also productive. Thankfully we live out in the wilds so are free of these petty bourgeois standards that afflict so many uncreative folk.

I have my own reservations about over-reliance on pesticides and different perceptions on what constitutes 'beauty' but TBH you come across as having a serious attitude problem and some sort of inverted snobbery about people who are not as 'creative' :rolleyes: as you.

Maybe you should follow your own advice and live and let live instead of trying to stoke up trouble.

pburns wrote: »
    On what grounds do you 'fight' the neighbouring farmer for spraying pesticide on his crops. You haven't a leg to stand on.

Is this for real?!?

As far as I can see locally most people living in these 'new palaces' have a lot of interest in growing vegetables and planting fruit trees. Not merely for economic reasons but to have fresh veg available and as an activity and stimulus for their kids.

I have my own reservations about over-reliance on pesticides and different perceptions on what constitutes 'beauty' but TBH you come across as having a serious attitude problem and some sort of inverted snobbery about people who are not as 'creative' :rolleyes: as you.

Maybe you should follow your own advice and live and let live instead of trying to stoke up trouble.

What an aggressive and hostile post. No intention of responding to such.

Have a nice day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Cussypat1974

Nope, I never had 40 but had about 30 at one stage! have about 20 now, about 12 go outside. but the cats are not the problem, there are so many strays and ferals breeding around here. what I do is trap and neuter them to stop them breeding. and i feed whoever comes looking for food lol.
    someone stole my sign! I am not kidding! this is getting weirder! i have more wood from drawers i didn't build for a unit so the cats could have little cubby holes so a new sign is no problem..... but wtf?!?!?!?!? why would anyone steal that sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Cussypat1974

i appreciate that 30 cats sounds like madness, but that includes kittens and wild cats recovering from spay/neuter operations who happen to be recovering in my house in large cages! Not anything that would impact on neighbours in any way.

Nope, I never had 40 but had about 30 at one stage! have about 20 now, about 12 go outside. but the cats are not the problem, there are so many strays and ferals breeding around here. what I do is trap and neuter them to stop them breeding. and i feed whoever comes looking for food lol.
    someone stole my sign! I am not kidding! this is getting weirder! i have more wood from drawers i didn't build for a unit so the cats could have little cubby holes so a new sign is no problem..... but wtf?!?!?!?!? why would anyone steal that sign?

I was not criticising! Far from it as we rescue cats and dogs and it is wonderful and nnedful work in Ireland.

You have committed a grave offence in the eyes of those people! Been an individual, been eccentric. Scares them! We are the same but we live where there are no neighbours. So we have no need to conform to their ideas...

Can you nail the sign to the house etc?

The trouble is that when adults criticise, the kids hear and think it gives them permission to vandalise. A sign is an easy target

We have a vandal down the road, only this one is over 80! Our mail gets thrown into an old wooden drawer inside the padlocked gate as he smashed two mail boxes.. among other nasty and more dangerous deeds.

Report the theft to the Gardai too.

Advertisement