Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 2 Episode 9 - *Have Not Read The Books* *Spoilers* *Mod Note Post #1*

• 28-05-2012 4:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭

Hound - ''Any man dies with a clean sword, I'll rape his ****ing corpse.'' :pac:

Holy balls. That was amazing. Did not see that turning around so quick. I thought Tywin went to fight Robb?
    Joffery is such a pussy, was cool to see Tyrion rise up to it. And the boats scene was unreal as well.

Brilliant episode, so so so good. Only one left. :(
    Mr E wrote:
    The same warning as last week still applies - any book spoilers here will result in a ban until June 10th (a week after the finale airs)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Just watched it there, some amazing scenes (though i did think some were a bit weak too).

I take it Tywin came in right at the end to take victory, I'd rather see the battle over Cersai talking, thought that was a little annoying.

Over all I cant wait to see next weeks one!

Was hoping Stannis took the throne, he's honourable, first up the ladder, on the battlefield with his men, though he's not dead and he was saying stay and fight to his men so I wonder has he many men left to have another crack at the iron throne. I hope the onion knight isnt dead either though I'd be surprised if he wasnt.

Also will Robb have a go at King's Landing, Robb doesnt want to be king and I cant see Tywin wanting to fight him outside King's landing as he must have lost a few men in the battle so fascinated to see how that plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankly my dear

I love GoT but I don't know if it was (is) all the glasses of Jameson I'm slowly drinking here, but this was one of my favorite episodes. A lot going on, heads getting cut in half left right and centre and a bit a look into the personality of the hound (and the imp's minder bloke)

I wish it could have just gone on and on while I sit here getting slowly drunker and drunker *hic*

Seriously tho, great episode. Is there really only one left this season, Ix Dead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I love GoT but I don't know if it was (is) all the glasses of Jameson I'm slowly drinking here, but this was one of my favorite episodes. A lot going on, heads getting cut in half left right and centre and a bit a look into the personality of the hound (and the imp's minder bloke)

I wish it could have just gone on and on while I sit here getting slowly drunker and drunker *hic*

Seriously tho, great episode. Is there really only one left this season, Ix Dead?

Unfortunately so. 10 last season, 10 this season. It will be interesting to see how they do next season/book. Season 3 will cover the first half of the next novel. Apparently it will also be 10 episodes, but thats not confirmed by HBO yet. 2 seasons for the next book(s), which is also split into 2 books I believe.

The writers of the show said that they've always wanted to get to a point in season 3, and if they did then they'd be happy. I expect all the books will be made into seasons considering how famous it is.

Sickened theres only 1 left, but next season, or the following one sounds amazing already and we don't know how this one finishes.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Very good episode, would have been a good season finale, havnt a clue what theyll do next week. Is tyrion dead? His wound seemed strange, it looks like hes cut on both sides of the face but not the middle, I cant really workout in my head what way the sword caught him.. I hope the Hound becomes a bigger character now, not to sure why hes decided to turn against Jeoffrey now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

It was a very good episode - Peter Dinklage deserves the Emmy alone for his speech to the troops, not to mention his fighting skills.

Special kudos's to Jack Gleeson; his face on watching the ships burn made me hate him even more, which I didn't think was possible.

One question: the guy who attacked Tyrion, was he part of the Kings Guard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Dubhlinner

Oranage2 wrote: »

Was hoping Stannis took the throne, he's honourable, first up the ladder, on the battlefield with his men, though he's not dead and he was saying stay and fight to his men so I wonder has he many men left to have another crack at the iron throne. I hope the onion knight isnt dead either though I'd be surprised if he wasnt.

he's an awful prick though (stannis) ditto on onion knight. I can't imagine he could have escaped the wildfire stew though

that was some shock at the end when the knight of flowers and tywin appeared. I'm guessing the book explains that a bit better.

If Tyrion's dead I'm gonna be heartbroken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

That was some episode, during it I kep felt myself switching sides. I loved the face that Stannis was so brave and noble in being the 1st man up the walls and not letting the wildfire set him back.

The wildfire looked amazing and I was glad that it was Bronn who fired the arrow to ignite it. Sadly I think the onion knight (Davos) and his son may have died in the blast.

I really enjoyed the lead-up to the battle, that Bronn and Hound dialogue was superb. I also enjoyed Bronn saving Cleganes life and thus making him see things differently so he decided to help Sansa (go hound :))

The ending was very good with Cersei talking about a father while her own father was riding in on his white horse.
    If Tyrion is dead I am very sad. That whole speech + turning the ship followed by the "oh f*ck" was brilliant.
    Good twist having Lawrence Tyrell and his men joining Tywin, did not see that one coming. Though he did say he would have his revenge on Stannis. Have to wonder now will his sister be the new bride of Joffrey once Sansa escapes? She did say she wanted to be "the queen".
    Kilkenny14 wrote: »
    One question: the guy who attacked Tyrion, was he part of the Kings Guard?
    I think so yeah, was great to see Tyrions loyal slave boy (squire) bruatally killing him.

Also I wonder did the eunich (Varys) escape since he knew the tunnels to the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

DL Saint wrote: »
    Tyrions loyal slave boy

squire :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

What a fantastic episode. It leaves you stirring, who to root for. On one hand you want Joffrey's head on a stick and then again you don't want to lose Tyrion. Interesting to see that he's kept the throne for now but Sansa will be missing. He'll have her hunted down along with the Hound.

As to why the Hound turned on the king, I reckon it was because he didn't like Joffrey anyway but was there to serve the realm and king but in the face of defeat and seeing the fire that scares him, he didn't care if he turned his back on him. The outcome may be no different, death by the king or death by Stannis.

Also hope the Onion knight isn't dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i really hope the queen has the worst and most gruesome death in the history of television. i loathe her more than jofferey

• Advertisement

That was absolutely ****ing epic. I am sad :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Didn't see the appearance of the Tyrells coming; makes sense I guess as they knew it was Stannis behind Renly's assassination. A tad too convenient mind you that the cavalry turned up just at the nick of time - one of the oldest tricks in the book! I had presumed though that Tywin had rode from Haranhal to meet Rob, not relieve the siege at King's Landing.

I don't think Tyrion's dead, I suspect he just passed out from his wounds & the producers wanted to end on some form of cliffhanger. We got one fakeout with Brann & Rickon; I don't rule out another :)

Pretty epic stuff all the same, and fairly gruesome too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Btw, only noticed during the starting credits, but worth pointing out, is that the director of this episode was Neil Marshall - he who directed Dog Soldiers, The Descent, Doomsday & Centurion. Good pedigree to bring to an action-heavy episode, and goes some way to explain the grislier-than-normal violence during the battle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

pixelburp wrote: »
    Btw, only noticed during the starting credits, but worth pointing out, is that the director of this episode was Neil Marshall - he who directed Dog Soldiers, The Descent, Doomsday & Centurion. Good pedigree to bring to an action-heavy episode, and goes some way to explain the grislier-than-normal violence during the battle.

Spotted a similar one a few weeks back when Tyrion was talking to the pyromancer about the wildfire, the pryromancer was played by Roy Dotrice who reads the audio books, nice touch I thought :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

They had one of their usual directors lined up to direct but at the vy last minute he couldn't do it because of a family emergency or something and they scrambled to find a replacement who could do good with the extra budget for battles and gore. They arrived on Neil Marshall even though he had never watched the show so they had to give him a crash course into what was going on.

They never explained anything about this knight

Was with Tyrion and the leaders and then later outside the gates decides to kill him

I didn't see that coming.
    I know there was no room for backstories but it was just shoved in and left me wondering

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

mikemac1 wrote: »
    They never explained anything about this knight

In last weeks episode we saw him with Cersei a lot so I guess that she works for him and was told to kill Tyrion if he got the chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Bloody great episode. Joffrey is a right evil little coward.

Tyrion was excellent. Really rose to the occaision. Is he dead? Half his head was slit open with one sword slash. If he isn't dead he won't live long. Clearly either the Queen or Joffrey ordered his death. Game of Thrones is making a habit of killing off their main character. The actors will be avoiding Emmy nominations like the plague next year.

How did Lord Tywin move his army to Kings landing so quickly. I thought he was weeks away fighting Robb. If he got there that quickly then surely Robb must be on his heels. Will Robb push the attack now?

Was it my imagination or was one of the attacking cavalry wearing a helmet with a stag's antlers? I thought the stags were Stannis' and Renley's symbol. Did Renley survive and turn on his brother by teaming up with Tywin. Was it just a mistake. Their attention to detail has been fairly spot on up to now. Was there another Baratheon brother?

The queen really is an evil bitch. Now we know why Joffrey's brother suddenly got air time this season. Not to replace Joffrey but to give her a Magda Goebelles moment. Lord Tywin really timed it perfectly but it's a pity he didn't catch her in the act and run her through.

Of all the men I thought would turn and run I would never have thought the Hound would be the one. Ok clearly fire scares him but I would have thought he would die fighting. But in a way I'm finding prospect of getting to know more about the human side of this mountain of no emotion interesting. I wonder will he and that giant female knight meet half way to/from Kings Landing. Imagine the children :-)

I suspect Liam Cunningham's character survived the way they showed him falling from the ship as it exploded. But then again it quickly turned into a firestorm around him so more realistically he wouldn't have had a chance in or out of the water.

Overall that was one superb episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Fantastic episode. Is Sansa going with the Hound now i wonder. Loved his dialogue in this episode. Really got a better insight into him. I think Tyrion may be ok, but yeah the wound looks strange. What is Ser Illyn's background? He was obviously there to kill everyone if Stannis won, but why was Sansa so scared of him at the start?

Also anyone think Tywin will take the Iron throne for himself now seeing as he won the battle and it's pretty obvious to everyone that Joffrey is inept?

Ponster wrote: »
    In last weeks episode we saw him with Cersei a lot so I guess that she works for him and was told to kill Tyrion if he got the chance.
    touts wrote: »
    Clearly either the Queen or Joffrey ordered his death.

You're both right

I was wondering today about why the knight did it but that makes sense

I feel like foolish Ned Stark, I never imagined such a thing could happen! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Degag wrote: »
    What is Ser Illyn's background? He was obviously there to kill everyone if Stannis won, but why was Sansa so scared of him at the start?
    He's the Lannister's headsman, the man who cut her father's head off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

What I love about this is, yeah the season may be almost over, but I am still on the first book, I can still get my fix.

That was epic though. It needed an action packed episode, the chemistry between characters is all well and good, but as a series about war, it needed to show a battle.

The hound showed his human side again, and even Sansa was something other than a whiny little princess tonight.

Didn't see bronn after he saved the hound. Needs more of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Was it my imagination or was one of the attacking cavalry wearing a helmet with a stag's antlers? I thought the stags were Stannis' and Renley's symbol. Did Renley survive and turn on his brother by teaming up with Tywin. Was it just a mistake. Their attention to detail has been fairly spot on up to now. Was there another Baratheon brother?
    Loras took command of the remains of Renly's army that didn't join Stannis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Cant see Davos being dead. The blast from the explosion threw him over the ship but his son got the initial blast right in the face so he's a goner.

I was waiting for Tyrions face to slide off his head as happened to anyone else in the episode who got that kind of wound. The fact it didn't means he has to live but surely scarred for life.

Did Sansa actually leave with the Hound? To me it looked like he walked out the door with her left standing there and then the scene ended.

Next week will feel like an anti-climax after that episode!

Oh and also I think this might be the only time i stand up for Jeoffrey. He is nothing more then a child facing an army that want his head on a spike. Who here wouldn't have run! I thought he was going to stay for a minute but still I don't blame him for leaving. He has no experience of war or killing, he had no idea of the carnage he was in for. Obviously he should have stayed but I can understand why he left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Really hope Stannis' captain (Liam Cunningham) isn't dead. Be an awful waste of such a great actor.

Brilliant episode though. Fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Tyrion was excellent. Really rose to the occaision. Is he dead? Half his head was slit open with one sword slash. If he isn't dead he won't live long.

Looked like a superficial cut to me (albeit a deep one)... Probably just showing again that Tyrion's strength isn't on the battlefield.

I'd say he'll live, and it'll be interesting to see what his father has to say to him.

It was a nervy few seconds when Cercy is quizzing Tyrion's woman!
    Penn wrote: »
    Really hope Stannis' captain (Liam Cunningham) isn't dead. Be an awful waste of such a great actor.

Brilliant episode though. Fantastic

They've done it before with Ned Stark, the bastids!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

One word review: Wow!

Hope Tyrion is okay and just gets to have a manly scar and the respect of all the men. :) Wonder where Bronn went. Saved The Hound then there was no more about him. Would've liked to see The Hound and Bronn teaming up.

The guy who cut Tyrion, wasn't that the guy Joffrey said was representing him? Surprised it didn't show where Joffrey went.

Seems Sansa went with The Hound since she said to him about not hurting her to which he said he wouldn't. So now the Lannisters don't have either daughter.

Wonder if Tywin just said about attacking Robb as some sort of test for Aria. Or maybe he was en route to Robb's camp then heard he was needed at King's Landing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

fantastic episode! Tyrion is one of the best characters! 'those are brave men out there. lets go kill them' so did not want him to die, but wanted all the other lannisters, except Tywin, to die. and stannis the bold - up the beach up the ladder. brilliant writing and characters.
    i also kinda liked the scenes with Cersei and Sansa, it showed how boring war is for everyone not on the battlefield. and cersei is a crazy person.
    jeoffrey is a mommies boy coward, cant blame him for being scared but he has boys younger then him fighting and dying so running is not excusable.
    went back and watched the scene with tywin from last week; he did not say he was going after rob - he spoke about kings landing and stannis, then robb and then said right we are out of here, but never said to where.
    So the starks are all free or loose; lannisters all, except jamie, in kings landing; stannis defeated.
    cannot even imagine what next week is going to be about, so much left hanging - arya, jon, danys, tyrion
    love the idea of the hound and brianne meeting - return of the giants.
    what are we going to do on mondays after next week? (i am rewatching season 1 ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

lynski wrote: »
    fantastic episode! Tyrion is one of the best characters! 'those are brave men out there. lets go kill them' so did not want him to die, but wanted all the other lannisters, except Tywin, to die. and stannis the bold - up the beach up the ladder. brilliant writing and characters.
    i also kinda liked the scenes with Cersei and Sansa, it showed how boring war is for everyone not on the battlefield. and cersei is a crazy person.
    jeoffrey is a mommies boy coward, cant blame him for being scared but he has boys younger then him fighting and dying so running is not excusable.
    So the starks are all free or loose; lannisters all, except jamie, in kings landing; stannis defeated.
    cannot even imagine what next week is going to be about, so much left hanging - arya, jon, danys, tyrion
    love the idea of the hound and brianne meeting - return of the giants.
    what are we going to do on mondays after next week? (i am rewatching season 1 ;-)

Start on the books ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

calex71 wrote: »
    Start on the books ;)

wish it was realistic- have tried and failed to get back to reading, a 5,5yr old, 3.5 yr old and 15ths old make that a difficult prospect. have to finish The System of the World if i do get time though before starting something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

tyrion only got a cut, but i did wonder for a second, it seemed to easy for everyone to slice people in half

the battle seemed to turn on sixpence, they kept talking about siege but then they went out and fought em, seemed a bit easy for stannis men to get up to and over the walls and then to easy for the defender to defeat them

the explosion was holy f!

The Hound is gonna be on the run now - bet he wishes he held on a bit longer now! :D

Dunno what to make of him and Jeoffrey's missus... Surely if he brings her home, he'll still be killed or imprisoned as a man of no honour/a traitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Excellent episode. Will be interesting to see what they do next week. As this would have made a fine season finale.

Dave! wrote: »
    The Hound is gonna be on the run now - bet he wishes he held on a bit longer now! :D

Dunno what to make of him and Jeoffrey's missus... Surely if he brings her home, he'll still be killed or imprisoned as a man of no honour/a traitor.

Dunno, I don't think that's a general theme. It's only Stannis who has done that from what we've seen so far i think with Davos. I'd nearly fancy the Hound against a whole army in any case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Amazing episode, I know the answer to the onion king already because Liam Cunningham basically said it in an Interview.

I didn't see that coming with the hound at all. For a moment I thought it would be something stupid like he was going to rape Sansa. Again though they show great humanity in such an obvious nutter. Jesus how sediment would the fight with Bromm have been.

I also think Tyrion is still alive. Loved his speech and the men chanting his name. Again he has the best line in the episode with Oh fuuck.

Gonna be really really sad when it finishes next week. I kept a few shows like homeland and a few others but I doubt anything will fill the void bar maybe breaking bad when it comes back.

• Advertisement

Homeland is boss, should keep you going for a bit :)

ziedth wrote: »
    I didn't see that coming with the hound at all. For a moment I thought it would be something stupid like he was going to rape Sansa. Again though they show great humanity in such an obvious nutter. Jesus how sediment would the fight with Bromm have been.
    I don't think he's a nutter.... well he is, but there are far greater nutters than him. I think he's actually in love with Sansa also.

Gonna be really really sad when it finishes next week. I kept a few shows like homeland and a few others but I doubt anything will fill the void bar maybe breaking bad when it comes back.

Homeland is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

The queen really is an evil bitch. Now we know why Joffrey's brother suddenly got air time this season. Not to replace Joffrey but to give her a Magda Goebelles moment. Lord Tywin really timed it perfectly but it's a pity he didn't catch her in the act and run her through.
    Give what happened to Aegon Targaryen's children she was prudent to have a backup plan. She's her father's daughter btw. He'd have expected no less.

I thought it was a very touching moment tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dave! wrote: »

Hmmm, now you got me thinking that if he brings Sansa back to Winterfell, it'll be an interesting meeting with Theon. All Sansa has to say is "Hound, sic balls!" :pac:

Though don't they have to pass Robb to get there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Joffery calls his sword "heart eater". If he the biggest gimp in cinematic history?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Best quote has to go to Bronn for "Don't feel too sorry for it, it'll be half way up your ass come later on..."

So impressed with Stannis
    A noble and brave leader, should be King

But I can't root for him, that would have meant Tyrion would have burned

The folk of the city don't respect Joffrey at all and why should they.
    I wonder if he'll order some executions, it's what a weak leader would do.

There is so much content to cram into the last episode I don't think we'll see this though.
    We'll be switching all over the place as the writers try to wrap up and set up the different stories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

That was that good I was thinking at one stage, is this the season finale?? :)
    Tyrion is a legend as usual with most of the best lines in the episode.

Does anyone else think Tyrion's missus (Shea I think) has magic up her sleeve?
    I'd say sansa left with the hound. He probably knows the tunnels.

The only way they'll trump this ep next week is.....Dragons! :D
    They have a lot of storylines to finish though, Jon Snow is still up there over the wall, his mates found that dragon glass in last weeks ep too. I bet we'll see Dragons and the ghost type lads from above the wall and a bit of magic thrown in for good measure.

Must get reading book 2 now that this season is nearly over.

I read somewhere, not sure where the season finale will be a bit longer at 70 minutes

They have so much to get through, can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Great episode was very surprised to see the knight of flowers come into the throne room with tyrell
    It seemed to be falling into place with his sister wanting to be THE queen and the hound offering to help sansa to winterfell
    Still wondering why the hound is so taken in by Sansa and that he was in her bed chambers when she ran in. Pervy? :D

Surely they won't kill off tyrion at least not yet anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Great Episode!!

Anyone know what the song was during the end credits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

That was The National performing "The rains of Castamere".

mikemac1 wrote: »
    So impressed with Stannis
    A noble and brave leader, should be King

But I can't root for him, that would have meant Tyrion would have burned

[...]

Seen this said a few times but I can't agree with it at all; Stannis is a nutjob. He has an incredibly strict sense of nobility or what constitutes evil, a sense that borders on the psychotic, and I could easily see his reign turning into a fairly bloody one as he punished all the perceived 'evil' around him. Add to that - as Varys mentioned - the idea of dark magic being behind the throne & it would have been a nightmare.

On the subject of thrones though, surely that's Joffrey's rule sunk at this stage? Tyrion's the hero of the siege (along with Tywin for his timely arrival) and Joffrey's the coward who ran.

I wonder where that leaves things with Rob; surely with Tywin & his troops in King's Landing, the remaining Lannister troops in the countryside would surely be undre greater threat from Rob's unstoppable march?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

DonalN wrote: »
    Great Episode!!

Anyone know what the song was during the end credits?
    Warning: do not google this. The first result contains a massive spoiler for next season.

Spoiler tagged for those who don't want the backstory from the books but nothing following will spoiler the show for you:
    The Rains of Castamere was a song written about Lord Tywin Lannister's crushing victory over his bannermen House Reyne of Castamere who rebelled against the Lannisters either early during his Lordship of Casterley Rock or late during his fathers (I can't remember which exactly), he commented to Arya earlier in the series that his father had been a weak ruler, something which forced him to become a relatively harsh man quite early.

And who are you, the proud lord said,
    that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat,
    that's all the truth I know.
    In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
    a lion still has claws,
    And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
    as long and sharp as yours.
    And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
    that lord of Castamere,
    But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
    with no one there to hear.
    Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
    and not a soul to hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

What a fantastic episode! It's been a while since I saw telly like that! Way up there with the last season finale of Breaking Bad for sheer entertainment value.

Tyrion was mega! I've always considered him to be the de facto ruler in Kings Landing and he proved it this week. He had all the best lines too "I'm not sure what you mean my lord. I'm very sure you're sure what I mean' :). On the one hand I wanted to see Cersei and Joffrey routed and to see Stannis take the city but on the other I didn't want to see Tyrion killed or even for Stannis to take the throne. I don't believe Tyrion is in great danger. To me the injury when it was being inflicted looked bad but not as bad in the aftermath. Fair play to him though. If they kill him off I'll be well pissed!

Liam Cunningham is a legend! I have to admit I know the fate of the Onion Knight because I couldn't resist a quick google after the attack. The wildfire was amazing.

I liked the scenes in the room with the ladies and Cersei and Sansa. I thought it was a nice counterpoint to the view of Tywin we got from his interaction with Arya. It also showed how uncertain and scarey the prospects of a lost battle are for women in those situations. Of course it also showed that Cersei is a bit unhinged as well.

I'm glad Sansa has finally seen sense and fled with the Hound. I cheered when that happened. Sansa has been annoying me for ages. My impression of her last season was that she was full of herself and intent on being queen and, when faced with Joffrey and hsi treatment of her, turning into a weak scared princess who seemed unable to help herself. From what I remember, even Tyrion offered to help her at one point when he saw things were not going in a good direction and she refused. I think Tyrion was probably the one Lannister that actually had her welfare at heart. Yes, he'd probably have turned her over to an ally to be kept prisoner but she'd be out of Kings Landing? Even when the Hound offered her help, she refused initially and I do think he's in love with her so the prospect of raping her would be very far from his mind. Also, he seems to be a fairly honourable guy anyway.

I know Joffrey is a kid but FFS he should have stayed on the battlements with his men. If push came to shove I think Tyrion would have removed him from the battle when the time came and given him a chance to escape. He's a complete pile of ****e and I'll be very much hoping Tywin tears strips off him at this stage.

I hope as was said earlier that the next episode will be an extended one. I have a feeling though that we're done with Kings Landing for this season. Next week could well be Danny, Robb, Jon and Theon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement