Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 2 Episode 9 - *Have Not Read The Books* *Spoilers* *Mod Note Post #1*

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I never once thought Stannis was captured.

His men dragged him away and his army retreated back to the boats.

The defenders have no navy, they can't tackle the boats out there.
    Sure they lost a lot of boats but they had a vast fleet, plenty to get the army away

Stannis would have to get by the opposing troops between him and the sea; and I doubt many of those boats are seaworthy after all the fighting and archery - the ships themselves are far out in the bay, remember.

I imagine most troops just ran away, not in any particular direction, as going out by themselves into the sea at night with hundred of soldiers trying to chop them to pieces and archers raining down fire on them doesn't seem all that attractive a proposition for already emotionally shattered soldiers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

pixelburp wrote: »
    It's hard to see how Stannis escapes in that scenario: his overwhelming majority was blown-up by wildfire, and his remaining attack force was then destroyed by both Tyrion's sneak attack & Tywin's unexpected cavalry charge.
    He may not be dead by the end of episode 9, but he's trapped in the lion's den, public enemy #1 with barely any forces left to protect him & even if he were to somehow skulk back to Dragonstone, it's hard to see what future he'd have when the Lannisters / Tyrells decide to take revenge. Methinks the Baratheons are finished; in fact the only remaining male heir (if we discount Stannis) is Joffrey, and ... well, he's not exactly a true-blood :D

Timmon is also an official heir, and much like women, i doubt that illegitimate, un-acknowledged, sons are considered heirs? either way no matter how valid his claim there will be no case for a baratheon on the throne by the end of the war or when winter comes and the who knows what come down from the north.
    stannis was clearly shown to go with his men, and he knows kings landing so i think he is more then capable of getting away, otherwise why show him being dragged of by his own men?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

DL Saint wrote: »
    Fixed your post ;)

Well illegitimate sons don't count I would have thought; if Jon Snow is anything to go by, they don't even get to use the family name.
    lynski wrote: »
    Timmon is also an official heir, and much like women, i doubt that illegitimate, un-acknowledged, sons are considered heirs? either way no matter how valid his claim there will be no case for a baratheon on the throne by the end of the war or when winter comes and the who knows what come down from the north.
    stannis was clearly shown to go with his men, and he knows kings landing so i think he is more then capable of getting away, otherwise why show him being dragged of by his own men?

To what end though; seems like a House's power is its bannermen and most of Stannis' has been blown out of the water, or destroyed on the beaches. He may escape the city, but as a character he's surely finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

pixelburp wrote: »
    Well illegitimate sons don't count I would have thought; if Jon Snow is anything to go by, they don't even get to use the family name.

To what end though; seems like a House's power is its bannermen and most of Stannis' has been blown out of the water, or destroyed on the beaches. He may escape the city, but as a character he's surely finished.

Going by previous episodes, I get the impression that if he was finished as a character then he would have been killed off.
    Has the Red Lady just abandoned him now that she has her Shadow Man thing? If they're still allies then I think Stannis will still have an important role to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

What, pray tell, are these other tv shows you allude to? They must be pretty amazing! ;)

8aSv8.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement