Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two Americans arrested in Tokyo after female Irish student's death

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

jayteecork wrote: »
    If I was a white girl I'd certainly be the lesser of two evils.

I'm sorry I just don't like the look of black people, call me whatever the **** you want, I just hate the sight of them.

I believe the word Racist sums you up quite well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Pretty sure that controlling for socio-economic factors it's all the same. Also New York police last year did more stop-and-frisks on young black men than the number of young black men living in their area, target a specific group and you'll "find" they commit more crimes!

I'm pretty sure that people have been busting their balls trying to reconcile those statistics with their values for a generation but they've never really found a compelling way to do so. Maybe statistics are just racist :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I'm sorry I just don't like the look of black people, call me whatever the **** you want, I just hate the sight of them.

Well hello there Ignorance.

I'll call you ill-educated and reactionary, there's a start.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

tok9 wrote: »
    I believe the word Racist sums you up quite well.

Really?

lol.

I love being told what I should like the look of.

http://i.qkme.me/35kct4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson got stuck into the Treyvon Martin case and cried racism

They'll be steering clear of this crime though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

a troll maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

How about the little feller off different strokes? Surely you can't dislike the sight of him?

Phil Lynott? Paul McGrath? Both very pleasant to look at

Bambi wrote: »
    How about the little feller off different strokes? Surely you can't dislike the sight of him?

Phil Lynott? Paul McGrath? Both very pleasant to look at

Both half-white and raised in white society.

Actually I was generalising a bit too much.

I'll narrow my range to 100% west-Africans, in particular, Nigerians.

Really?

lol.

Hating the sight of over a billion people because of the colour of their skin is being a racist, disliking people because of their stated, bigoted opinion isn't.
    Bambi wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that people have been busting their balls trying to reconcile those statistics with their values for a generation but they've never really found a compelling way to do so. Maybe statistics are just racist :confused::confused:
    I just said how it can be done, doesn't take mad skills or anything.
    mikemac1 wrote: »
    Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson got stuck into the Treyvon Martin case and cried racism

They'll be steering clear of this crime though
    They're two arseholes who happen to be black. It's not racist to disagree with a couple of media whores like them.

why Nigerians?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Troll...either that or exceptionally ignorant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Dudess wrote: »
    Prinz, the reason racism has entered the discussion is not because people want it to, nor because they believe it's racist that these guys have been arrested, nor because people are criticising their alleged behaviour (innocent until proven guilty aside) it's because of comments like the above.

..and comments like the one you refer to should be ignored and sidelined not indulged... however on a broader level I am getting sick of the reverse racism that is becoming more acceptable these days it seems... Obama's disgraceful comments on the Trayvon Martin case is a perfect example... but is anything made of it no.

leftleg wrote: »
    why Nigerians?

Genetics I suppose.

I have no idea why they look the way they do.

Genetics I suppose.

I have no idea why they look the way they do.

Why do you hate them??

why Nigerians?

He lent some money to one he got an email from and they did a legger. He hasnt liked them since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Dudess wrote: »
    It doesn't necessarily offend people, it's just a dreadful, ugly attitude to have - whether papers publish it or not.
    The prettier the person, the sadder the death? Fuk...

It's not the prettier the person, the sadder the death. It just catches your attention more. It's like unintentional marketing which is sad but true. Nobody can deny that a pretty person catches your attention more, so you pay more attention to the story because your eyes are drawn to it.

Why do you hate them??

I don't hate them I hate the look of them.

Like a lot of white subgroups - chavs, tinkers, emo heads, punks, rednecks, wiggers, Chris De Burgh, Bono.

I don't know them from Adam, most of them are probably grand, but I can't stand the sight of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Really?

lol.

So you hate black people but you're not racist?

smash wrote: »
    It's not the prettier the person, the sadder the death. It just catches your attention more. It's like unintentional marketing which is sad but true. Nobody can deny that a pretty person catches your attention more, so you pay more attention to the story because your eyes are drawn to it.

You're right.

Remember the media outcry over those two little pretty white girls killed by Ian Cuntley?

• Advertisement

Where did I say I hate black people?

You should watch your groundless accusations they may get you in trouble.

No he hates the look of them man hes not racist though relax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

You're right.

Remember the media outcry over those two little pretty white girls killed by Ian Cuntley?

A racist and a pedo... that's a new low for AH trolling.

A racist and a pedo... that's a new low for AH trolling.

Seriously hope you're trolling.

prinz wrote: »
    ..and comments like the one you refer to should be ignored and sidelined not indulged... however on a broader level I am getting sick of the reverse racism that is becoming more acceptable these days it seems... Obama's disgraceful comments on the Trayvon Martin case is a perfect example... but is anything made of it no.

Which disgraceful comments? When he said it was a tragedy? When he said they have to figure out what the hell happened? I saw very little wrong with anything he said in relation to the case apart from the fact that I don't think it's something he should have had to comment on, the media blew the thing out of proportion and spun the **** out of it.

This thread is gone a little off, RIP to the person who died. Fingers crossed justice will be done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Double standards re whites have never bothered me - apart from really serious stuff obviously, like Zimbabwe. But when it comes to just saying stuff, meh, goes over my head. In general whites have always had it better.
    Ah fair enough. Thought you meant something different. Yeah it seems to be the case - the prettier the child or woman, the more media focus. Although I'm not entirely convinced it's true. Could be though.

Where did I say I hate black people?

You should watch your groundless accusations they may get you in trouble.

Groundless accusations? At least give yourself a few days to try to get away that crap, not a few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Which disgraceful comments? When he said it was a tragedy? When he said they have to figure out what the hell happened? I saw very little wrong with anything he said in relation to the case apart from the fact that I don't think it's something he should have had to comment on, the media blew the thing out of proportion and spun the **** out of it.

eh, when it comes to this nonsense, people hear what they want to hear.

He said "If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon"

Absolutely ridiculous thing to release into the media, then again the picture the media used of him was 4 years old.

Then:
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HGPeJkQ-C58/T2rWEChijGI/AAAAAAAAEFQ/Rj6ljcESnfc/s400/Trayvon-Martin-001.jpg

Recent:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-E9sw88HJzpU/T29HCpjmViI/AAAAAAAABA8/J5d4SBBUlv0/s400/trayvon%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Absolutely ridiculous thing to release into the media, then again the picture the media used of him was 4 years old.

Then:
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HGPeJkQ-C58/T2rWEChijGI/AAAAAAAAEFQ/Rj6ljcESnfc/s400/Trayvon-Martin-001.jpg

Recent:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-E9sw88HJzpU/T29HCpjmViI/AAAAAAAABA8/J5d4SBBUlv0/s400/trayvon%2B%25282%2529.jpg

He was trying to say how the story touched him. Politicising things, yeah probably, disgraceful? Pushing it more than a bit I think.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I think this thread has gone a little of track.

Then:

Recent:

Yeah but Jaytee isn't Trayvon so horrible looking; him being from Nigeria and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Which disgraceful comments? When he said it was a tragedy? When he said they have to figure out what the hell happened? I saw very little wrong with anything he said in relation to the case....
    Reporting from Washington — Declaring that “if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon,” President Obama chose a highly personal way to join the heated national debate over the death of Trayvon Martin, the black teenager fatally shot by a neighborhood watch volunteer in Florida

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/mar/23/news/la-pn-obama-trayvon-martin-20120323

Wtf does that have to do with anything? Could you imagine George Bush saying something similar over some white kid getting shot? When Andrew Hanlon was shot dead in Oregon in 2008 by police did the US president have anything to say? Ah right, he was white you see. No need for a national debate.

prinz wrote: »
    http://articles.latimes.com/2012/mar/23/news/la-pn-obama-trayvon-martin-20120323

Wtf does that have to do with anything? Could you imagine George Bush saying something similar over some white kid getting shot? When Andrew Hanlon was shot dead in Oregon in 2008 by police did the US president have anything to say? Ah right, he was white you see. No need for a national debate.

C*nt was also a psycho and a kiddy fiddler.

Seriously they let this guy carry around a gun enforcing the law, God bless America.
    http://bocktherobber.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/medium_GonzalezAfter.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

The issue here is not that they're black it's that they're black/American. Its a fusion. If anyone knows, this culture I am only ever relating to is wholly degenerative, unabashed sex culture that gave us 'gangbangers' and is based on a 'music' that has become the backbone of the mainstream pop our children opt for and focuses on an individual getting what the sex and money they want forcibly, if needs be. Besides Nikki Minaj was on stage. She is the female version.. but our girl may have been woo'd by the modern equvelent of long haired guy with a guitar, to our girls albeit in my day. Something that produced much nastier music, albeit genuine music.. which gave the kids something to focus on aside from hardcore sex, drugs greed and emselves

- i'd suggest nicola was consumed by a culture. And I'd like an apology; from the many Americans lurking here for their pollution of the globe. and any such cultural 'whiggers' I encounter here will be getting a brick; upside the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

LH Pathe wrote: »
    The issue here is not that they're black it's that they're black/American. Its a fusion. If anyone knows, this culture I am only ever relating to is wholly degenerative, unabashed sex culture that gave us 'gangbangers' and is based on a 'music' that has become the backbone of the mainstream pop our children opt for and focuses on an individual getting what the sex and money they want forcibly, if needs be. Besides Nikki Minaj was on stage. She is the female version.. but our girl may have been woo'd by the modern equvelent of long haired guy with a guitar, to our girls albeit in my day. Something that produced much nastier music, albeit genuine music.. which gave the kids something to focus on aside from hardcore sex, drugs greed and emselves

- i'd suggest nicola was consumed by a culture. And I'd like an apology; from the many Americans lurking here for their pollution of the globe. and any such cultural 'whiggers' I encounter here will be getting a brick; upside the head.

Not sure if serious.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Boards thoughts and hearts goes out to the poor girl and her family.
    Thread closed.

RIP Nicola. If anyone wants to start a RIP thread there is a Book of Condolences forum here. Please read their charter before posting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement