Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best qualification to make big money in aus after graduation but no experience?

Options
  • 28-05-2012 6:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

whats the best qualification to make big money in aus after graduation but no experience?Anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Right now a geologist or surveyor would get you by.

Or do you mean in 4/5 years time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

To make big money you'll need experience or at least a huge amount of studying.
    If you think otherwise you're dreaming.

But IT & construction are big money if you have right skills.
    Doctor & lawyer also decent money, but need a lot of study

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

hussey wrote: »
    If you think otherwise you're dreaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

whats the best qualification to make big money in aus after graduation but no experience?Anyone?

Yea , was just wondering , I've a degree in analytical chemistry and at 34 it's too late for me to retrain , i work in a qc lab, a friend of mine is a environmental geologist , making a bomb over there , he w
    As on 33k sterling in England got transferred over in feb, they trebled his salary and he gets free flights home twice a year, he told at that he's on the low end of the salary scale for his position

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

Running a brothel is legal, pretty good money and perks in that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

Heavy Diesel mechanic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

IT contract work pays extremely well is OZ at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Cold fusion reactor engineer, you have the bonus income from royalties from having invented the technology whilst doing the degree.

colman1212 wrote: »
    IT contract work pays extremely well is OZ at the mo.
    Only for experienced, but yeah contract IT work is paying big bucks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Just wondering if $35 an hour is below the average for contracting in I.T support roles?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Im working as a concrete finisher constructing mine site camps and bases for power plants etc earning $55p/h for the first 8, time and a half for the next 2, and double for the next 2 again, working on average 11.5 hours a day, earning pretty good money with no qualifications. Formwork Carpenters are on $60 p/h with their qualifications.

My other half is on the same mine site working in admin earning $35p/h, she to has no relevant qualifications.

Speaking to people here any geology or mine/civil engineer graduates could walk into a $100,000 a year job if they get lucky.

zweton wrote: »
    Just wondering if $35 an hour is below the average for contracting in I.T support roles?

Define support?
    Depends what you do but 35 seems low

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Basic AD, exchange, MS Office Support, Win 7 Support...

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭menuisier

zweton wrote: »
    Basic AD, exchange, MS Office Support, Win 7 Support...

Going by seek it seems to be on the high end. I will be looking for the same sort of role but have a little bit of server experience, VPN, Citrix, fax server admin etc no acutal certs tho can I realistically hope for more then 35, over 4 years in IT now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

To me it seems low but then again its on the low end of the scale in terms of what you are actually doing. What is your experience in IT? If you can do more as in you are experienced in more then you can get more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Gynaecologist

Not being smart. They are paid very well.

Advertisement