Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bank holiday in the north

• 28-05-2012 8:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Do the shops close for the bank holiday today in the north of ireland,i was going to newry,or maybe not.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,835 ✭✭✭✭bilston

horse7 wrote: »
    Do the shops close for the bank holiday today in the north of ireland,i was going to newry,or maybe not.

The Bank holiday has been put back a week because of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, so both Monday and Tuesday next week are bank holidays rather than today which is usually the case. Most shops would be open anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭horse7

Thanks ,i would not have known that,grateful for your quick reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Hey guys. I'm planning to go up there tomorrow. Anyone have a confirmed time of opening? I'm stuck with thinking of two plausible opening hours because they don't have a specific to bank holiday opening schedule in their website(the quays). Either sunday schedule as it's the usual schedule of most shops during bank holidays or the normal monday schedule because I really can't find a bank holiday schedule in their website which could mean that they are basically disregarding the bank holiday. Anyone got a confirmed bank holiday opening hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

It will be sunday hours - legally shops in uk can only open for 6 hours on a sunday (excludes nesagents and some other types)

btw - you know the exchange rate for consumers is now about 1.27 these days? With the exception of the odd store, there's no savings anymore, but if you live within 50km, its probably your local shopping destination no matter what the exchange is.

Advertisement