Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newspeak

Options
  • 28-05-2012 8:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭

I was banned for a week for this comment on the story of an Irish girl murdered in Tokyo.
    "Regarding the girl, my condolences. Questions must be asked though, why did she have two blacks in her apartment in the first place??"

Apparently "black" is a racist term nowadays. I must not have gotten the memo. I politely PM'd the moderator biko asking for an explanation of the ban and he dismissively snapped
    ban stays. Use DRP process

I asked the logical question how did these two suspected murderers get into the victim's apartment: did they break in or were they invited? A small minority of people are far too sensitive these days and our censoring our speech and therefore our thoughts.

I'm open to hear explanations of how exactly my comment was racist and how you would phrase my very valid question of how the murderers got into the victim's apartment.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I'm not even going to entertain this. If you can't understand - after six forum bans in eighty posts - what was offensive about your post, you might want to strongly consider not bothering to post again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement