Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bed wear for babies in this weather

Options
  • 28-05-2012 8:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

The temp in the bedroom for the last few nights has been 24/25 degrees.

What would you put on your baby to sleep in, in this weather?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

I've been putting her to bed in a body vest or a loose romper suit - very short sleeves and very short legs on it - and only one or two cellular blankets (one folded, one not) to start. Depending on how the house cools down in the evening I'll put on another one.

I think it'll mostly depend on the baby. Like grown ups, babies can feel the cold differently. And remember, you'll always be a bit colder when you're asleep as to when you're awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

We have 9MO , we have been putting her into bed in little romper suit only , and in a very light gro-bag

The reason for the gro-bag, without that she does not realise she is being put to bed , not only that you cool down when you are asleep.

Long may this weather last !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

1 tog sleepsuit and a longsleeved vest. It's only 22 degrees in her room though, and it's pelting rain today in Cork.

If it gets hotter we go to the shortsleeve vest.

She can walk in the suit, but it still keeps her from climbing out of the cot, so it's an essential for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

Yeah I have him in a short sleeve vest and 1 tog sleep suit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

My Sons room gets very warm in this weather and seems to retain the heat during the night so he sleeps in just a short sleeve vest..

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Twinkleboots

Our sons room is always roasting in this type weather so we put him to bed in just his pjs with no vest or just a vest on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Our house doesn't seem to be able to cool down - have tried windows open and curtains closed, it's still 24 at night:eek:

4 week old in her vest and one layer of cellular blanket, which she kicks off. 2 year old in short sleeve pjs and a folded flannelette sheet. The weather seems to be bothering me more than them:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

same here, 24 degrees throughout the night, boiling so it was! We just put him down in a vest and a summer sleepbag - like a growbag, but made from light cotton material.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Since Saturday we've been putting our 16 month old down in a baby gro and a blanket over him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Long sleeve pyjamas without a vest and a sheet and cellular blanket or two. I'll put one on her going to bed and depending on the temp when I go up, I might add another.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Vest and sheet only.. have the doors and windows upstairs open wide all day and it cools it down a good bit.. i leave the windows open at night too.. slept all night last night, first night in ages. . :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Varies between vest and sheet only, vest and 1 tog sleep bag and no vest with 1 tog sleep bag! Keep changing it every night depending on heat of room! Only just stopped swaddling her and it's so funny - her arms are right up over her head now all night as if in rebellion to the swaddle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I've been putting J down in a vest & cellular blanket. I been leaving the bedroom door & window open with the ceiling fan on & the Gro Egg themometer is still showing 24+ degrees & bright red with a sad face on it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

we have been putting him in a romper suit or vest only inside one of those you zip up the side but still has their arms out

Advertisement