Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd loud noise near Holywell, Swords.

Options
  • 28-05-2012 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭

Hi,

All weekend theres been a quite loud humming/buzzing noise somewhere around Holywell in Swords. It was particularly loud this morning.

It sounds like its coming more from the direction of Pavillions.

Has anyone else been hearing it? Or know what it is? Its been driving us crazy all weekend.

We checked the street lights outside the house and its not coming from any of them. Plus its too loud to be something like that really.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

UFO?

I jest.

Sometimes electricity pylons can make a bit of a racket, is there any close by?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

could possibly be the pharmaceuticals factory at the end of swords. Always letting out big humming/alarm noises.

You should also maybe get onto your management company and see what they have to say. They might be able to help you out if it's something else within the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hamhide

I hav'nt herd anything,just the noise of the water pump and the odd appartment alarm going off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Thanks for the replies.

There are some pylons near by, and the noise is similar to that of the him you sometimes get off electrical appliances.

Could possibly be the organon place to as its that general direction.

We're private rented so no management company. But it's not at the stage yet to warrant a complaint to the landlord.

Just have to wait and see if it carries on I suppose.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭kaahooters

Thanks for the replies.

There are some pylons near by, and the noise is similar to that of the him you sometimes get off electrical appliances.

Could possibly be the organon place to as its that general direction.

We're private rented so no management company. But it's not at the stage yet to warrant a complaint to the landlord.

Just have to wait and see if it carries on I suppose.

Thanks

you might have developed tinnitus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Good suggestion ^^ But I doubt it, both me and the OH can hear it. Plus my dad suffers terribly with tinnitus so I'm always really careful. I'm the "loser" at the concert with the ear plugs!

Anyways, the OH just walked down to pavillions and he says its definitely coming from the pharmacueticals place as he walks right past it and said it was very loud.

Ive a good mind to ring and complain/question when it will be finished. The OH reckons the people on the other side of the building have it worse cos its louder for them.

Wonder if it's there all the time, just easier to hear at the moment, sound seems to carry so much better on these hot, still nights? A similar noise in Balbriggan driving me mental a few nights ago, not to mention the trains which I can rarely hear sound like they're running past the house!! (Oh yeah, and obviously the windows are open at night, which they're usually not.)

Advertisement