Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIKINI LAZER HAIR REMOVAL

Options
  • 28-05-2012 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Just wondering has anyone on boards had lazer done ??

I have booked a six part bikini lazer in the Aurelia Clinic in limerick and had my first one done a fortnight ago, i have noticed no major changes since, however this is to be expected, it usually takes a few treatments, my major concern was that it was not painful, just the odd twinge feeling like a hair had been plucked, the lady who did it applied loads of gel so maybe this was the reason ??

So my question is should it hurt more??

oh its my bikini im having done

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

The pain can vary depending on the amount/thickness of hair etc. Also some laser machines are less painful than others and the gel helps sooth the area. The odd pluck or elastic band sensation as I like to call it is normal, sounds about right. I'd imagine it would take more than one sessions down there before a considerable difference is noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

You're supposed to ALWAYS feel SOMETHING. Even if it's a small pluck. If not, then there's a chance it won't work.
    The setting is probably on a very low setting.
    The lady doing your lazer should ask you if it's bearable/ if you're ok etc. When you say no, she will turn it down.
    If you say yes, they will turn it up. The stronger it is, the better it will work. Obviously only turn it up to a setting you can withstand.
    Next time tell the nurse you don't feel it. You NEED to feel it in order for it to work. The more you can withstand the better, but obviously not so bad that you feel you're burning in agony!! Hope that helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Ive had laser done on other parts of me (therapie) and I was about 3 sessions in and I was only seeing a small result/difference. So I explained to the girl at the clinic that I was concerned about this, and asked them what they could do, and they upped the power for the last 3 sessions and so far so good - am waiting for my last appointment so they can assess if I need more, but no hair has grown back. Its taken me what, about 9 months and 6 sessions to be hair free.

But you really would not notice a difference after 1. The hair grows in cycles and you should be waiting 6-8 weeks after each session so hair has had a chance to grow back. In fact, am thinking I might get it done in another area. Am only sorry I didnt do it in the first place as Id have 2 areas hair free now, but I didnt want to plough money into something I wasnt sure was going to work.

Advertisement