Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atm swallowed card and took money

Options
  • 28-05-2012 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

I was at an aib atm on sunday in cornelscourt at the side of centra when the machine took my card and gave me no money. When i checked my acc it had taken the money out. Any advice ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭sf80

Contact the bank and let them know, they will usually sort it out without too much hassel

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

torres9kop wrote: »
    I was at an aib atm on sunday in cornelscourt at the side of centra when the machine took my card and gave me no money. When i checked my acc it had taken the money out. Any advice ?

Scammers took your card... Report the bank ASAP... Do that, you will possibly get your money back, Next time, when you get to the ATM, make sure the Machine(try pull out the card inserter,if loose, forget it and report to the Garda) is real before putting your card in, When putting your pin number, make sure it is covered by your other hand, Camera or scammers could be watching ...

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭sf80

Scammers took your card... Report the bank ASAP... Do that, you will possibly get your money back, Next time, when you get to the ATM, make sure the Machine(try pull out the card inserter,if loose, forget it and report to the Garda) is real before putting your card in, When putting your pin number, make sure it is covered by your other hand, Camera or scammers could be watching ...

The atm didn't give any cash, the machine probably just failed.

If it was scammers, you will have to go to your branch and fill out a statement before your dispute claim can go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Ty for the help guys

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Please don't post panic inducing nonsense (or the borderline unfounded accusatory crud I just deleted) . While caution is a great thing, wolf cries make it harder for people to identify genuine frauds from machine errors.

The most simple, and likely, explanation has been posted. OP, contact your bank as a new card will have to be issued. The debit will most likely correct itself when the machine balances, and if it doesn't, your bank branch can investigate further for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Please don't post panic inducing nonsense (or the borderline unfounded accusatory crud I just deleted) . While caution is a great thing, wolf cries make it harder for people to identify genuine frauds from machine errors.

The most simple, and likely, explanation has been posted. OP, contact your bank as a new card will have to be issued. The debit will most likely correct itself when the machine balances, and if it doesn't, your bank branch can investigate further for you.

+1

Other nonsense about scammers is unlikely and is most likely a problem with your card or an error with the machine. The debit will correct itself overnight most likely. Contact your bank to get a new card and see what the issue was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Happened to me in Gorey, came up error code on machine, reported it to the manager of the bank and it was sorted 48 hours later.

Advertisement