Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pooh bags!

Options
  • 28-05-2012 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi

I think its really great when dog owners pick up after their dog, I really do.

However could you please please please bring the bag home with you?

Can you imagine how interesting a little black bag sitting in the middle of the path is to a young child? Or indeed what it would be like if a scooter, bike or pram wheel ran over the bag?

You've done the hard bit now please bring it home or to a bin rather than swinging it into the trees.

And yes I have no problem saying this to dog owners as I see it happen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

A few more dog poo bins around the town wouldn't hurt either.

At least most is now getting picked up. As someone with 2 young kids it drives me &&**%% crazy every morning having to keep an eye out for what they walk in.

Yet when you look around a lot of dog owners appear to be sane looking people, so what's the score?

Folks, pick up your dog poo bags because it will make my children and your babies go blind.

How simple can I put it?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

A few more dog poo bins around the town wouldn't hurt either.

At least most is now getting picked up. As someone with 2 young kids it drives me &&**%% crazy every morning having to keep an eye out for what they walk in.

Yet when you look around a lot of dog owners appear to be sane looking people, so what's the score?

Folks, pick up your dog poo bags because it will make my children and your babies go blind.

How simple can I put it?

It will NEVER decompose when sealed in plastic either, as just said you have done the hard bit just take it with you. Hall Rug is destroyed from stuff coming in the boys shoes after playing football on the green, which is what the green is for after all?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Feasog Dearg

Charlesland Wood Management company are putting in a couple of dog poo bins along the big green area! Great news!

Charlesland Wood Management company are putting in a couple of dog poo bins along the big green area! Great news!

We just need the council to carry that sentiment up to the North edge of town too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

Its a pity it has to come to this but worth a try with the bins.

Here's hoping the teenage thugs don't empty out these bins..............although might be nice surprise for them if they dare!

And I won't even start on the increase in graffiti recently.............

• Advertisement

Car2318 wrote: »
    Its a pity it has to come to this but worth a try with the bins.

Here's hoping the teenage thugs don't empty out these bins..............although might be nice surprise for them if they dare!

And I won't even start on the increase in graffiti recently.............

I moved away from Bray to escape that! Here's hoping those that have the powers nip this in the bud sharpish!

Starting to sound like a couple of aul biddies giving out!!

I have become my mother!! :o

Car2318 wrote: »
    Starting to sound like a couple of aul biddies giving out!!

I have become my mother!! :o

Ha ha! Hopefully I haven't become my mother otherwise the girlfriend may worry!

Ha ha! Hopefully I haven't become my mother otherwise the girlfriend may worry!

I think she may start after reading this thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

Just back from a lovely walk with the family and dog up in Kindlestown woods.

As per the routine, my doggy did her business 5 mins into the walk. I carried a little bag of poo all around the woods for the duration of the walk. It was only when we got back to the car, did I realise there was no bin in the carpark so the little bag of poo had to travel with us in the car down the road until we came across a bin.

I can now see why the woods are full of poo - the council don't make it easy for responsible dog owners.

• Advertisement
Advertisement