Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to park for mini marathon

Options
  • 28-05-2012 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭

The missus and daughter are heading to Dublin for the mini marathon next Monday. They are wondering where would be the best place to park while the do it. They will be coming in the Naas road and I'm wondering if they went to Dundrum and got the Luas to Stephens Green would that work out ok. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

If they're coming in the Naas road why not get on the Luas at the Kylemore road there's a park and ride there .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

If they're coming in the Naas road why not get on the Luas at the Kylemore road there's a park and ride there .

Wrong luas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Wrong luas.

No i meant get the luas red line into Abbey street or the Ifsc and walk to Fitzwilliam Street but it about half hour walk

Other luas is probably better though .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭qhe0i9zvfgdou8

Thanks for the replies we considered the Luas from the Red Cow but the distance to the start is a problem. Would Dundrum be the best place to head for to get the Green Line Luas to stephens green and would the Stephens Green stop itself be the nearest to the start at Fitzwilliam Square. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

would the Stephens Green stop itself be the nearest to the start at Fitzwilliam Square. Thanks again.

Ordinarily I'd say the Harcourt stop is a bit closer, but I don't know if you'll be able to cross Leeson Street - that's part of the race route, isn't it? Probably best to get off at Stephen's Green - that's probably what everyone else will do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭qhe0i9zvfgdou8

Gae wrote: »
    Ordinarily I'd say the Harcourt stop is a bit closer, but I don't know if you'll be able to cross Leeson Street - that's part of the race route, isn't it? Probably best to get off at Stephen's Green - that's probably what everyone else will do.

Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

Does anyone know where the buses will be stopping on Monday? Ideally we'd love to get off at Central Bank but not sure of Dame Street will be closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AwkwardEnough

hayser wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the buses will be stopping on Monday? Ideally we'd love to get off at Central Bank but not sure of Dame Street will be closed?

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/General-News/Flora-Womens-Mini-Marathon/

Advertisement