Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The state of the beach at Seapoint

Options
  • 28-05-2012 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the story is with the state of the beach in Seapoint these days ? Ever since our last storm a few weeks ago (when presumably we had yet another "overflow at the west pier" event) there has been a load of, err, waste material left washed up on the shore. It's mostly feminine hygiene products - or at least the plastic bit that's left behind after everything else has broken up. I don't remember such a volume of them being around before.

I was thinking about it in the last few days. With the great weather it really felt like we were away on holidays somewhere - the only difference being that when sitting on the beach here we were surrounded by detritus. It's a little like sitting down in St Stephens Green in the midst of old nappies. I know you will get it everywhere you go in one form or other, but anywhere else I've been the main public beaches didn't seem to suffer from the same problem.

I thought I read somewhere that the beach has a blue flag, but it's hard to see that being the case with the current state of the place. Is this a one time condition, or have I just not noticed the state of the place before ?

z

Advertisement