Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Keepers Choice" reject known brand biscuits/bars.

Options
  • 28-05-2012 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭

I was in a spar or centra type shop in Glasthule & spotted these 400g "keepers choice" biscuits, they had 3 varieties and were only about €1.69 each.

First out was a fox's classic bar! and there were cadbury finger biscuits broken. They were all nasty looking, roughed up against each other with white marks, and chips of chocolate gone from edges. There are a few other types in it I cannot identify but they are decent bars.

If you don't give a damn about the looks they are good value, they were not stale in anyway. I remember years ago getting bags of reject bars & sweets.

Looking up keepers choice found this
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/cadburys-fingers-0-99-from-qd-stores-380826
    #

Yeah this is right.. I can confirm they are cadburys fingers but just being sold as mis shapes passed on to another company.
    I work at QD and have also tried these they are such a bargain!!
    #

tigra

thank you for your kind comments, I am the factory manager at Keepers choice and can confirm that the fingers are indeed cadbury's rejects, not that you would notice that they are rejects at all with at least 90% of them being in perfect condition, please try our new range of jaffa cakes, £1.00 for 600 grams and our mixed broken chocolate at £1.00 for 600 grams which if you are lucky would contain a really nice selection of Belgian like biscuits which we have just sourced and started adding to the broken chocolate range, if you find yourself passing by the factory call in and ask for Mike, I will be only to happy to show you around...

Mike Porter, Factory manager Keepers Choice Biscuits

Looked like this,

Keepers_Choice_Chocolate_Biscuits_600g.jpg&w=300&h=300&zc=2

Shows them on an old mace.ie page

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:UWl0Kx3a4moJ:www.mace.ie/special-offers/forecourt/903-KEEPERS-CHOICE+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

God, I used to absolutely love broken biscuits. My mom used to buy them all the time when we were kids. Then they became a lot harder to get :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Other half came home with this a few weeks, he is still going on about it! Loads of fingers and foxes but a few club milk type things with orange filling, lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Cool. I need to find these.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The pack was 500g, not 400. I remember years ago getting bags from factories, I never saw them commercially sold like this. I remember as a kid you might get club milks which were 100% chocolate, none in this bag though.

Looked on googlestreet view and it was a spar I got them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Think I saw these at the shop at a Topaz garage in Clonakilty. DId not realise what they were.

• Advertisement

I was in that spar again and they had even more this time. They had one with just chocolate fingers which was 400g, one with just jaffa cakes and a 600g one with a mixture of mostly non chocolate ones like in tins of biscuits. All €1.69 and plenty there.

Got them in spar again and it was a completely different selection in the same purple bag. This appeared to be a pretty much 50/50 mix of chocolate hob nobs and cadbury yellow snacks.

DSCF5042.JPG

Had a 1 or 2 fingers in it too. I imagine you could feel the bags to see if its the yellow snacks. It'd be handy if the bags were clear or had some clear area.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

These are dangerously good (or bad!), especially on a cold winters night!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭obriendj

I think that these biscuits are great but sometimes if there are mint ones, all of them taste and smell of mint.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I found these in the rip-off petrol station shop near me. €1.80 for 500g, not bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Diana1970

I recently bought these biscuits and though I got a couple shortbread biscuits the rest of bag was made up nearly entirely of NICE biscuits I was a bit disappointed as the packaging showed iced rings,chocolate chip cookies, bourbons and custard creams and not even one was inside

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Oh I got these from the €2 shop once and they had PhiJpmE and mint kit kats which were pure chocolate! I've never been able to find a bag as good since, it's always just broken chocolate fingers and digestives or something :(

The front pictures are misleading alright. They are in my eurospar now, €2 just the other day. All 3 varities. Mine was nearly all chocolate digestives and "yellow snacks" as per photo above and 1 or 2 bits of others.

Some packs were open, so give them a light squeeze to make sure it has air in it, i.e. is open/leaking.

Advertisement