Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator Cover

Options
  • 28-05-2012 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Does anybody use a cover on their moderator to cut down on mirage?

If so where did you get it? Alternatively, anybody ever try a home made one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Comeraghshooter

I made one before out of neoprene and wrapped it in electrical tape, it worked at keeping the mirage under control but you would want to
    take it off after use and oil it to avoid rust building up on the outside of the Mod.

CS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

I bought one last week and it arrived in a few days but still waiting for the rifle license to come

Ebay item no 270878950842

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

leupold90 wrote: »

Cheap & cheerful, one sock:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Savage93 wrote: »
    Cheap & cheerful, one sock:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And when that wears out you can use the second 1.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I made one before out of neoprene and wrapped it in electrical tape, it worked at keeping the mirage under control but you would want to
    take it off after use and oil it to avoid rust building up on the outside of the Mod.

CS

Used the kids out grown surf suit to make mine up, cut rectangle, then stich them on the reverse side and turn them inside out. (:confused: if needle work is not your thing neoprene can be glued)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

i have the jack pyke one that is advertised on the web site shown, had it on my mod for two seasons no probs with it done the job, do you want it? have bought a smaller mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭leupold90

i have the jack pyke one that is advertised on the web site shown, had it on my mod for two seasons no probs with it done the job, do you want it? have bought a smaller mod.

That's very kind of you to offer! PM on way.

That's very kind of you to offer! PM on way.

did you get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Robotack

I got the Jack Pyke one. My only issue is that it's SO thick. It has to be about 7mm neoprene. It's like it's designed to keep the mod warm or something. It's so thick that I suspected it might put a shadow in the bottom of the scope picture. It did not, still seems a waste of neoprene though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Robotack wrote: »
    I got the Jack Pyke one. My only issue is that it's SO thick. It has to be about 7mm neoprene. It's like it's designed to keep the mod warm or something. It's so thick that I suspected it might put a shadow in the bottom of the scope picture. It did not, still seems a waste of neoprene though.

Apparently they help to further moderate the sound of the rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Chesapeake

garv123 wrote: »
    Apparently they help to further moderate the sound of the rifle.

Yes indeed, TWANG goes from TWANG to twang :D

did you get that?

Won't be home until weekend - but I know there's post there so I'm hoping the mod cover is part of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

Mezamo wrote: »

I have this. it's great if you're clumsy like me and keep knocking your mod off stuff!!!

Cover received. Perfect fit.

Much appreciated, many thanks deer hunter!

Cover received. Perfect fit.

Much appreciated, many thanks deer hunter!

Good to hear that, throw the price of postage into a local charity

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Robotack

Just relighting this thread with another question... I've been using my Jack Pyke Mod Cover & I don't like. I have a Northstar Mod and the cover simply will not go on unless I use just a tiny spray of oil to lubricate it. Problem is then that when I fire the cover slides forward about an inch with each shot. Not ideal! Also, IMO it's ridiculously thick neoprene which makes the thing look very bulky.

Is there any other cover anoone can suggest please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭moby30

If its just to stop glare have you tried repositioning the light? Or maybe a simple sort of sunshade. I had to do this when I changed my scope as anything I tried on the moderator still gave some glare back.

Advertisement