Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband Standalone Charge - Be careful in case it appears on your bill in error

• 28-05-2012 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just a tip - I noticed that my most recent bills have shown that UPC have started charging the Broadband Standalone Charge again 'in error' (even though I have a qualifying package that should not be charged this - Broadband and Phone together, does not incur Standalone Charge clearly stated on the UPC.ie site).

I'm working with support to have this removed again, for the fourth or fifth time.

It works out about €9.90 per month. So, I thought I'd just pop on here to notify other to take a look at their bills in case this 'error' happened to be appearing on their bills also and to seek a refund.

Just a tip - hope it helps.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Just FYI - UPC Twitter Support (@UPC_HelpsYou_IE) resolved the issue quickly and refunded the overcharge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Does anyone know when exactly this change came in? I've been with them for years for broadband + phone (no TV), and I know the standalone charge was part of what I signed up to but never heard anything about it no longer applying if you had two services.

A quick look at my bills suggests I've been charged this ever since 2010 at least...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭easkey

peckerhead wrote: »
    Does anyone know when exactly this change came in? I've been with them for years for broadband + phone (no TV), and I know the standalone charge was part of what I signed up to but never heard anything about it no longer applying if you had two services.

A quick look at my bills suggests I've been charged this ever since 2010 at least...

M 2! Standalone charge was on when I signed up!!!!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Early 2011, as far as I recall, the terms and conditions changed so if you had two products that you would no longer be liable for the Standalone Charge. Previously you had to have TV, BB and Phone.

Now you could have BB and Phone, or BB and TV.

Originally UPC tried enforcing this as 'new customers only', but if you talked to them long enough and say that you could just leave and rejoin as a new customer, they would take it off your bill.

Which is all well and good, as long as it stays off your bill. But it keeps reappearing on my bill every so often. Not cool.

Advertisement