Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things the OH claims

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Egg Mayonese?

To me egg mayonnaise is the sandwich filler that consists of boiled eggs and mayo (and prob other stuff).

Mayo by definition contains eggs, but it aint in the name

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/7659/egg-mayo.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I wrote on AH before about my ex and our enlightening chat about fake limbs but don't know where I wrote it, the short version being he thought when you lose a limb you get one fake one that matches the other limb at that time, so by his reckoning if you lost a leg at 1 year old you get one tiny baby fake leg and that's your lot, you have that for the rest of your life. When I asked had he ever seen a fully grown person with one little toddler leg hanging off them he was deep in thought for a long time :rolleyes:

He also died laughing one day when he saw an ambulance and he "couldn't belieeeeeve" they'd put Ambulance backwards on the front of the bonnet, I mean how thick did you have to be to get that wrong? :rolleyes:

Stupid boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

pajunior wrote: »
    Are Hazelnuts technically not nuts? ;)
    Hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, Walnuts, Pecans, and Almonds are nuts.

Its peanuts that aren't nuts! they are peas. Still kill me though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

I try not to have romantic relationships with stupid women. A few good looking ones sneak through but get cast aside before too long. Smart women all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

I try not to have romantic relationships with stupid women. A few good looking ones sneak through but get cast aside before too long. Smart women all the way

I'm sure we're missing out big time!! ;)

bit of a paradox there....

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

"Ballet dancers can jump ten feet"
    "They can't"
    "Yes they can"
    "Why don't they compete in the Olympics then"
    "Not bothered"
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

danniemcq wrote: »

The ones I named are nuts. AFAIK all others (including peanuts) aren't.

no i was agreeing with you! they are all nuts but i thought original guy on about hazelnuts was getting confused with peanuts

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

Fair enough, I just heard that Hazel and Brazil nuts were actually seeds or something mad like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

This was a great thread until it became about what is and isn't a nut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Pandora2 wrote: »
    That is possible. On an old cooker we had one ring was so slow to cook anything that you couldn't even keep water simmering at the highest setting.

You should try cleaning the jets, normally sorts the problem for me.
    Its a new cooker only 2 years old. i will do an experiment at the weekend using the same pot and the same amount of water and turn it on 6 on the front hob and then the back hob to see if there is a time difference between the two. If there is the next cooker I'll get one that the temperate goes to 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

very Sunday evening when he arrives home from the pub, wavering, after about 4 hours drinking. .........I only had 3pints shure ..... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

danniemcq wrote: »

peanuts are not peas, they are legumes (which includes peas, beans, lentils and peanuts)

Sorry bipolar joe! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I'M A NUT!

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Pandora2 wrote: »
    I'm sure we're missing out big time!! ;)

Who's the 'we' here? Stupid women?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

Who's the 'we' here? Stupid women?

I think I have already established that I am capable of rank stupidity on the odd occasion so........I guess I'm speaking for my people!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

So there we were last night discussing euthanasia and I was telling her avout the poor soul in England who has locked in syndrom and lost his legal battle to allow him the right to euthanasia.
    The OH then says "He should go to Switzerland and get it done there, or maybe he cannot afford it, but maybe he could get a bank loan for it!"
    I was gobsmacked as I thought of applying for a 5 year loan of 20000 and giving the reason as I need it so I can get euthanasia to your bank manager.:pac:

Advertisement